Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

According to the 2016 Pied Piper Prospect Satisfaction Index, Infiniti outperformed all other automotive brands when it comes to customer satisfaction.

The Pied Piper Prospect Satisfaction Index is a ten years old independent auto industry benchmarking study that measures the treatment of mystery shoppers. To get a broad data set, mystery shoppers were sent to more than 6,157 stores in the U.S between July 2015 and June 2016. Each dealership is evaluated on their effectiveness in turning car shoppers into car buyers and mystery shoppers are looking for certain behaviours in salesmen; mentioning the availability of different financing or lease options, discussing unique features, asking how the vehicle will be used, etc.

Mercedes-Benz has been the top ranked brand for the last 7 years with Infiniti taking second place last year. For the first time ever, Infiniti is standing at the top with Lexus and Mercedes-Benz tied for second. In third place was Toyota followed by Audi and BMW in fifth place. No surprise that the top five brands are all foreign and premium (except for Toyota).

“There is no question that the typical dealership sells more effectively today than it did ten years ago,” said Fran O’Hagan, CEO of Pied Piper Management. Once the Infiniti Q60 is released, we can expect to receive exception customer service at their dealerships.

·
Registered
591 Posts
The Pied Piper Prospect Satisfaction Index isn't the best thing to base dealerships on. The things they look at like leases, features, options, warranty, etc are all found with very pushy salesmen that I absolutely hate. Tesla ranked last in the index but from what I've been reading, their sales method is unorthodox and a lot better than the traditional dealership.

Not saying that Infiniti doesn't treat their shoppers well, jsut that this Index should be taken with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
327 Posts
A good dealership experience is always something good to have but I mean it's not really crucial to anything. That and, I still doubt that the sales people have full knowledge of any of these vehicles. The problem is, majority of people don't either.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I assumed the ranking was based off of how customers were treated and is their questions were answered adequately without being pushed to buy a vehicle right then and there. I actually like the Tesla method more where the employees are knowledgeable and not pushy. Wish dealerships would adopt that sales model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts