Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I want to thank EVERYONE HERE you guys been helpful. And more awesome then the mustang guys! Lol
No problem - glad to help. I have really enjoyed my Q ownership. With the failure of Infiniti to market the VR30-equipped Q50s & Q60s, my Q is just about a unicorn in everyday traffic, compared to the s**t-ton of CR-Vs, for example. I also appreciate all the aftermarket support that has been developed by the various tuner shops. It's been really fun to mod over the past 4 years.

It's a really unfortunate situation you have with this disappearing coolant. I'm an engineer, so I'm all about finding root cause, whether it's for my hobby or my job. Therefore, I'm anxiously waiting for some resolution to your problem, hopefully not a buy-back, but only because the issue would remain a mystery. However, if the buy-back is really the only answer to corporate playing hardball, then so be it.

At least accessing the ignition coils & spark plugs isn't that bad. When I installed my BOVs, I had to remove the ICs from their hard mounts to access the couplers to compressor outlets. I recall on the passenger side, the IC was easily removable and could be folded-over with the coolant lines remaining attached to access the ignition coils. The driver's side ignition coils could take a little more effort to access - beyond the 3 or 4 mounting bolts, there are other clips that prevented the IC from getting moved out of the way. I didn't want to break anything, so I managed to remove and install the BOVs and couplers below the driver's side IC.

Reactions: Starkmad83

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
@IridiumRS400
I really do like this car and it's a unicorn here as well. I love the style and the look, the interior is good as well.

I'm a substation electrician by trade. Also an Electrical and electronics engineer by degrees. We probably have the same thought pattern! I love to troble shoot and must get to the root of the problem and FIX it.

I would only push the buy back on principle. I think infinti will do the right thing and the dealer will push for it also. I just have terrible luck! 🤷🏾‍♂️ I would settle for trade credit of what I paid toward a NEW RS! 🤫

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dealer is going to request a new engine AGAIN! come on infinti!!!
Ive been following this thread for a while and I would like to start out by saying I too live in NWI and take my car to the same dealership, I actually had a turbo blow after a road trip to Virginia and back, the team over there at Berman did wonders my car was full bolt on no tune was terrified I wouldn’t get a turbo replacement but they replaced the whole engine, but only one turbo, I literally can not explain how upset I am. There is oil in my exhaust tips as of this morning and I think the turbo they didn’t “approve” to get replaced is going out. My car since this first incident 2 months ago. Has been tunned by AMS performance. I was thinking about calling berman tomorrow and seeing about getting it looked at but worried since it’s tunned I’m screwed, however I know they are good people and would probably fight for me! As for your situation I’m sure they will get it approved that’s just ridiculous having that low of miles and having those issues. Little rant, but I’m hopeful for you!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Rant is welcomed. And hi fellow hoosier. Yeah if infinti would have just listened right away I would not be having issues. Infinti sucks imo. I won't ever buy another now.

Put your tune back to stock?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rant is welcomed. And hi fellow hoosier. Yeah it infinti would have just listened right away I would not be having issues. Infinti sucks imo. I won't ever buy another now.

Put your tune back to stock?
I plan on it, I’m still just a little worried. I don’t get how these turbos can be so awful. Cars only got 30k on it. Wish they would’ve replaced both of them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yeah they replaced just the one on my car. They are garret also from what I was told so makes no sense they suck

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well infiniti is procrastinating again 4 days no answer yet from the manufacturer. I'm done with infiniti!!!! They are ridiculous

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well Berman's awesome they fought with the infinity and I'm getting a new engine finally
They really are man, I was supposed to take mine in today I flashed my car back to stock but had to cancel can’t find a ride or a tow for today. So I’m going have to wait a bit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
They really are man, I was supposed to take mine in today I flashed my car back to stock but had to cancel can’t find a ride or a tow for today. So I’m going have to wait a bit.
They were still fighting with the dealership, Because it pressure tests good.. But we all know if it's leaking internally it can pressure test good duh!

I also kept track of how much coolant I added so that helped.. And I video documented my mileage and the smoke coming out of the exhaust. I started talking lemon law so they backed off.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Bout time they listen to the dealer!

Reactions: Starkmad83
21 - 35 of 35 Posts