Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Infiniti Direct Adaptive Steering technology is Infiniti's drive-by-wire system. There are setting to make your daily driving comfort attainable all up to the driver. I never knew this was going to be in the settings, not going to lie i was really worried about the steering to be either really soft or really heavy. I could really see this happening with other auto makers, replacing the mechanical links with digital controls and sensors. I think i would set mine to be more on the heavier side, how about you guys?

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's going to be a lot of fun testing out all the different settings. Hopefully, there will be a lot of room to save my favorites.

This will be very useful during the winter time, or during bad weather and road conditions.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Usually front wheel drive cars experience torque steer, i think maybe the AWD Q50 might have it too, just a bit, if so, this should help eliminate it. I also think we should be able to make the steering system as basic as possible as to where we can feel some torque steer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Usually front wheel drive cars experience torque steer, i think maybe the AWD Q50 might have it too, just a bit, if so, this should help eliminate it. I also think we should be able to make the steering system as basic as possible as to where we can feel some torque steer.
that's probably what the torque response selection is for, controlling torque steer. i guess that torque response option confirms that the Q60 and Q50 will have torque steer.

at least the q50 and q60 torque steer seems to be controllable

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As for the torque response in the q50 & Q60 system I think it might be the adjustment of torque delivery to the wheels. Possibly choosing from a more gradual deliver to max or something along those lines of adjustment. I think this is a good system to offer so the driver could make the necessary adjustment for different conditions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It'd be great if you can adjust the power ratio to the wheels. Making it RWD,FWD, or AWD depending on the mood, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Stolen from my post on Q50 I see :D

You can adjust how heavy the steering is and how responsive/steering ratio it is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Stolen from my post on Q50 I see :D

You can adjust how heavy the steering is and how responsive/steering ratio it is.
Does this mean you change the steering wheel sensitivity? Instead of having a full 900 degrees of rotation, I can change it to 270 degrees, Formula One style?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I hope these steering settings are things that can be programed using a memory seat-like function where all the data that, that specific driver entered can be saved on the vehicle's computer its self or in the chip in the individual keys.

So if I wanted a really sporty steering feel, and my seats adjusted the way I wanted them to, I can have a preset for it, and my wife can have her own...which would be completely different.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I hope these steering settings are things that can be programed using a memory seat-like function where all the data that, that specific driver entered can be saved on the vehicle's computer its self or in the chip in the individual keys.

So if I wanted a really sporty steering feel, and my seats adjusted the way I wanted them to, I can have a preset for it, and my wife can have her own...which would be completely different.
Settings Saved Presets are a must, not just for different driving conditions but for households that have multiple drivers. It just makes sense.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes that is a good idea if you share your vehicles with others. It would be troublesome to have to reset it and find what is suitable each time. i guess we can consider this a luxury.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Settings Saved Presets are a must, not just for different driving conditions but for households that have multiple drivers. It just makes sense.
So true. I had to deal with that and memory features are key. Nothing like having to readjust everything from someone who's view is completely different from yours, where not even moving your head a bit will help.

It would be a good thing if presets can be made through the infotainment system, with the option to create as many as you'd like, since it's all software, can't be that hard to implement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is there a haptic feedback for the lane keep assist as well where the steering wheel vibrates when the vehicle steers out of the lane or also know as the lane departure prevention system?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts