Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, so i have got a problem, i bought 2017 q60 45miles, so i saw that in coolant tank was overfilled above the MAX, also the Turbo tank for coolant was overfilled (this was i think because the cap of this tanks were by mistaken placed) but i correct them, so right now coolant tank is overfilled above the max, and then i open the top/upper cap (near engine) there i can see some coolat (not feel or anything) so when i take out some antifreeze form overfilled tank and put it into upper/top , same is happening againt this coolant tanks became overfilled so from engine system somehow goes back to this coolant tank. (sorry for bad english) if someone has any idea please help.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this check was during the cold (not starting engine) when i drive there is leak from the top of the coolant tank where it has space for air or something, the leaking is because in this tank is antifreeze over the MAX but , what about the engine :(

· Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
2,003 Posts
At cold, both the engine coolant and the intercooler coolant recovery bottles should be near MIN to start, and then through expansion from heat when the engine is at operating temperature, the level will rise in both.

If the coolant is at max in either recovery tank when the engine is cold, the expansion of the fluid at operating temperature will be pushed-out the overboard relief by the cap, and you'll get coolant on the side of the bottle and in the engine compartment.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At cold, both the engine coolant and the intercooler coolant recovery bottles should be near MIN to start, and then through expansion from heat when the engine is at operating temperature, the level will rise in both.

If the coolant is at max in either recovery tank when the engine is cold, the expansion of the fluid at operating temperature will be pushed-out the overboard relief by the cap, and you'll get coolant on the side of the bottle and in the engine compartment.
thanks a lot
yes thats right but its on the cold. its on MAX and when i open the upper cap there is a littel amount of coolant, so i took from coolant bottle and add into upper but still (without starting engine) its getting back into recovery bottles, so whats the problem i dont know , how can i diagnose problem and solve?
when i drive yeah its is leaking as you said form coolant bottle because its very high volume

· Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,511 Posts
The owner's manual gives you instructions on how to check the coolant levels.

· Registered
533 Posts
thanks a lot
yes thats right but its on the cold. its on MAX and when i open the upper cap there is a littel amount of coolant, so i took from coolant bottle and add into upper but still (without starting engine) its getting back into recovery bottles, so whats the problem i dont know , how can i diagnose problem and solve?
when i drive yeah its is leaking as you said form coolant bottle because its very high volume
This isn't a problem, the coolant reservoir is connected to your engine. All you're doing is moving it from one place in the system to another while it's cold.

Remove coolant from the reservoir until it reads minimum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts