Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Infiniti will roll out a coupe version of the Q50 sedan it brought to the 2013 Detroit Auto Show in another two or three years according to brand boss Johan de Nysschen.

“I think the coupe is an important part of the platform,” said de Nysscehn in an interview with CarAdvice. “Most certainly we are working right now on a coupe derivative of the car [Q50] … known at the Q60.”

The all-new Q50 sedan was revealed with a revised version of Infiniti’s 3.7-liter V6 engine that makes 328 hp, which may carry over to the Q60. When asked about other engines for the Q50, de Nysschen revealed that Infiniti is sourcing turbo-charged four cylinder and diesel engines from Mercedes-Benz. “Same for transmissions. We will be commencing, through joint manufacturing with Jatco, a transmission that will also be used by Daimler,” said de Nysschen.

More: Infiniti Q60 Coupe Arriving by 2016: Exec Says on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
164 Posts
I thought it would be sooner as well. So does that mean the Q60 and Q50 will be released around the same time?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I thought it would be sooner as well. So does that mean the Q60 and Q50 will be released around the same time?
Nope. The Q50 first, then the Q60. The revamps that is. Rebadged G37 should be in the dealerships as normal.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yes its gonna be in 2016 but will it be early or late 2016. when does Infiniti usually release there vehicles anyways? Fall or summer?

·
Registered
225 Posts
yes its gonna be in 2016 but will it be early or late 2016. when does Infiniti usually release there vehicles anyways? Fall or summer?
from wat I notice it has been at the start of the year or at the end of a year, same goes for a lot of car makers but don't be surprised if Infiniti escapes the norm and releases the Q60 or another vehicle in the 2nd or 3rd quarter.

tough to say when in 2016 the Q60 will release since there's very little info on it, we don't even have Q60 sketches, drawings or renderings.

·
Registered
164 Posts
But don't we usually get the cars one year earlier like for a 2016 we would be able to purchase them in 2015.

·
Registered
500 Posts
But don't we usually get the cars one year earlier like for a 2016 we would be able to purchase them in 2015.
In some cases we get the the year before but not one year earlier if you know what I mean. So for a 2016 vehicle, the earliest it will come out is late 2015.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Every manufacturer is different from what I noticed. Yeah we do end up getting the vehicle before the actual year of the model. sometimes in the middle or late. I just hope we get a break for waiting time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Every manufacturer is different from what I noticed. Yeah we do end up getting the vehicle before the actual year of the model. sometimes in the middle or late. I just hope we get a break for waiting time.
with so much time to go just about anything can happen here but what will help them out is waiting to see what the competitors do and build off of that. 2014 is when the IS coupe drops and with how quick Lexus works they could be dropping an IS-F Coupe by 2015. So that could either delay things or force Infiniti to hurry up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Putting the infiniti Q60 in delay might not put them in a good position especially when most of their competitors have released both counter parts of sedan and coupe. But they better have something up their sleeve to make a comeback.

·
Registered
40 Posts
why oh why Infiniti do you make us wait?!

I just hope you guys don't think that the Q60 will be anything different than the Q50 beside the obvious. If you do your going to be let down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know when the re-badged G37 convertible will be coming out? I am just about to purchase a new one, but I don't know if I want the 2013 G37 convertible or the 2014 Q60. (And yes, I understand they are the same car minus the badge and color changes)...

Thanks,

JB

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm dying to sell my 2013 G37 S Coupe for the Q60 when its released. The technology update alone (which will hopefully put them back in the race with that of Lexus, Acura, and even Ford) is enough for me. I loved my 2003 G35 Coupe -- felt like it was far advanced for its time. And I absolutely hate my G37S Coupe -- from the dangerous OEM Bridgestone tires, the poor quality of the radio/speakers, and the layout and features of the nav/HUD displays, it feels so lackluster and disappointing/or like they put a hold on their R&D for the interior features. I'm praying they don't make this mistake again with the Q60's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm dying to sell my 2013 G37 S Coupe for the Q60 when its released. The technology update alone (which will hopefully put them back in the race with that of Lexus, Acura, and even Ford) is enough for me. I loved my 2003 G35 Coupe -- felt like it was far advanced for its time. And I absolutely hate my G37S Coupe -- from the dangerous OEM Bridgestone tires, the poor quality of the radio/speakers, and the layout and features of the nav/HUD displays, it feels so lackluster and disappointing/or like they put a hold on their R&D for the interior features. I'm praying they don't make this mistake again with the Q60's.

Have you seen the Q50? The tech in it is amazing!!! No button to push when entering the car. With FOB in pocket grab door handle and open. The Tech in the center display is good if you you like social media. There's a dedicated nav screen. Hope all this and more shows up in the Q60!

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Q50 tech is amazing. However, the launch has been horribly fumbled and the implementation of the tech (mostly InTouch and Navi) is laced with bugs and lock-ups.

I'm on the Q50 forum (as well) and the gals and guys over there have become weary.
I am holding out hope that Infiniti will self correct and the Q50 will soon live up to the billing; more so, I hope all these issues will be resolved when the Q60 is launched.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Q50 tech is amazing. However, the launch has been horribly fumbled and the implementation of the tech (mostly InTouch and Navi) is laced with bugs and lock-ups.

I'm on the Q50 forum (as well) and the gals and guys over there have become weary.
I am holding out hope that Infiniti will self correct and the Q50 will soon live up to the billing; more so, I hope all these issues will be resolved when the Q60 is launched.
Was this before or after the software update? Don't know anything about it except what the salesmen demo.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Was this before or after the software update? Don't know anything about it except what the salesmen demo.
There was an initial S/W update that delayed the launch to 5 August; unfortunately, it appeared to have been a rushed job because those who have purchased are having InTouch and Navi lockups, as well other issues. So, another update is going out in early Sept.

·
Registered
1 Posts
joey atlas

Infiniti will roll out a coupe version of the Q50 sedan it brought to the 2013 Detroit Auto Show in another two or three years according to brand boss Johan de Nysschen.

“I think the coupe is an important part of the platform,” said de Nysscehn in an interview with CarAdvice. “Most certainly we are working right now on a coupe derivative of the car [Q50] … known at the Q60.”

The all-new Q50 sedan was revealed with a revised version of Infiniti’s 3.7-liter V6 engine that makes 328 hp, which may carry over to the Q60. When asked about other engines for the Q50, de Nysschen revealed that Infiniti is sourcing turbo-charged four cylinder and diesel engines from Mercedes-Benz. “Same for transmissions. We will be commencing, through joint manufacturing with Jatco, a transmission that will also be used by Daimler,” said de Nysschen.

The Infiniti Q60 Coupé invites you on a truly intimate journey. Feel an instantaneous response to your every touch, every input, every direction. To drive the Q60 Coupé through the turns is to be immersed in the moment of now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts