Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
So far the Infiniti Q60 coupe will come in a 3.7L V6, 3.5L v6 Hybrid and in the works are a turbo 4 cyl and a diesel in Europe only.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yep I think you got it right. I dont know if the hybrid is confirmed for the coupe but it's the option on the sedan. We also don't know if that new 4 cylinder is diesel or not or if it will be available on the coupe or just the sedan. Of course correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well this is the first I have heard about any 4 cylinder options. I will say, I talked to a sales guy at Infiniti this week... and granted... they are just sales people.. but he said they are expecting the cars to be exceptionally customizable, in terms of being able to get teh Q60 as a convertible as well, and AWD or RWD. That is probably what I am MOST excited about... I've enjoyed Infiniti's in the past, but to give me a hardtop, manual, convertible that can scoot.... for under $70k... SOLD. This will be my purchase in 2015 when they are released!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well this is the first I have heard about any 4 cylinder options. I will say, I talked to a sales guy at Infiniti this week... and granted... they are just sales people.. but he said they are expecting the cars to be exceptionally customizable, in terms of being able to get teh Q60 as a convertible as well, and AWD or RWD. That is probably what I am MOST excited about... I've enjoyed Infiniti's in the past, but to give me a hardtop, manual, convertible that can scoot.... for under $70k... SOLD. This will be my purchase in 2015 when they are released!
exceptionally customizable? does that no longer mean we will be forced to buy packages we don't want just to get navi? :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can already buy just Nav, it's called Garmin ;)

They didn't say anything about the tech packages, at least as I've seen, but it sounds like because they are going to a most streamlined build setup, you can get the more important options easier! I want my manual, hardtop convertible, AWD, hybrid!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I am a little bit worried that they wont offer manual in the Q60.

AWD Hybrid in the Q60? Hardtop convertible? You have a steep wishlist.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am a little bit worried that they wont offer manual in the Q60.

AWD Hybrid in the Q60? Hardtop convertible? You have a steep wishlist.
I believe the Mercedes engine they will be using gets mated to a 6-speed transmission in the Benz it's going in, so chances are they'll use that same engine and transmission combo in our Q60's....i hope.

If not it better be some DCT 6 or 7 speed automatic.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Looking at the history and the competition they would really be killing themselves if they cut the 6 speed manual for the Q60. It will likely come with the same auto transmission in the Q50 (7 speed auto)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Looking at the history and the competition they would really be killing themselves if they cut the 6 speed manual for the Q60. It will likely come with the same auto transmission in the Q50 (7 speed auto)
A lot of car makers are starting to cut manual transmissions from their vehicles, even the performance oriented one's. Seems like people don't mind it that much when a responsive transmission is put in, the automatic transmissions today are nothing like the automatic transmissions built years ago.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The G37S coupe line model was infiniti's bread and butter. I can;t see why they wont be making the Q60 with out a manual transmission. didnt they already confirm that the Q50 wont be coming in manual. If they make both the coupe and sedan automatic that would turn away a lot of enthusiast and manual transmission orientated drivers. Paddle shifting feel and delay is just so hard getting used too and takes a lot of the fun out of driving too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The G37S coupe line model was infiniti's bread and butter.
The G line goes back to even the G20, I remember seeing a lot of those as well.

Having a manual transmission would help, from what i could remember manual transmissions came standard as a base. being the lowest model, so it would become even more affordable and at the same time satisfy the needs of those who prefer it. But now automakers are slowly dropping the manual transmission everyone is investing in paddle shifters, but if they do just make sure its DCT!

·
Registered
27 Posts
We should not allow the option of DCT only... and should not give Infiniti the illusion that we would be satisfied with it... Manual for life!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
We should not allow the option of DCT only... and should not give Infiniti the illusion that we would be satisfied with it... Manual for life!!!
That's going to be a tough one, car makers love DCT cause it helps them rank higher up on the fuel efficiency chart, so I have a feeling they will try to force that and keep pushing to drop manual.

If they keep the manual transmission, it will look very good on them, as if they had the true enthusiast in mind.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I wouldn't doubt that Infiniti will eventually let go of the manual transmission for better fuel economy. That is something you have to sacrifice in order to raise up those numbers. I predict the new Q60 will still be a manual but not guaranteeing for long.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wouldn't doubt that Infiniti will eventually let go of the manual transmission for better fuel economy. That is something you have to sacrifice in order to raise up those numbers. I predict the new Q60 will still be a manual but not guaranteeing for long.

Yup, that's also how I believe the infiniti Q60 coupe will be. Chances are a manual transmission Q60 coupe will be produced for a few years in low numbers. Hopefully there will be a good number of manual transmission infiniti Q60's sold, cause if not, it's going to be super hard to find them used later.

·
Registered
76 Posts
this is pretty much following the same case for Acura TLs they have so many automatics but the base actual did have manual for for a particular year just dont know exactly which one. Slowly they will be phasing it out and replacing them with just automatics. Hopefully a DCT Tranny.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts