Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Now just pick your flavor. Infiniti will be offering shoppers the choice of 2 engines in different states of tune.

First up is the 2.0L Turbo 4 borrowed from Mercedes, good for 208 hp at 5500 rpm and 258 lb-ft of torque. Infiniti says this motor should be good for 24 mpg combined.

Next is the new VR30 twin-turbo V6 offering up 300 horses at 6400 rpm, while the table top torque curve offers up 295 lb-ft from 1600 to 5200 rpm. It's expected to return 23 mpg combined.

Lastly the VR30 is offered in hopped up heat, making 400 hp and 350 lb-ft across the same rev ranges. The tune will reduce mpg by 1 to 22 combined.

Infiniti says they have worked out the bugs in their Direct Adaptive Steering that have plagued the equally beautiful Q50. So here's to hoping. Although 4 cylinder models will come with speed-sensitive electrohydraulic steering.

Base models will be offered with regular steel springs, while Sport models will be offered with Infiniti's Dynamic Digital Suspension, which essentially allows electronic adjustment of the dampening. Cars will roll on a mix of 19 and 20-inch wheels, depending on trim.

The Q60 is expected in stores later on in the year and pricing remains unannounced.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sounds like its primed to go up against the 435i, which is what I imagine they factored in when planning the build.

At this rate with it putting out 400, seems like the next move could be IPL pushing above 500, 550?

·
Registered
500 Posts
So high hundreds and low 200 torque to the wheels... not bad. With a tune I imagine that can be increased 15% more at minimum. Hopefully 25%. And that is a recipe for an ideal daily :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
If it's the same engine as the one in Mercedes-Benz's 2017 E-Class then Q60 owners could potentially tune it to produce around 241 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque. That's what the E-Class can produce so there's potential.

·
Registered
114 Posts
It's going to reduce the mpg numbers if you try to tune the 2.0L Turbo 4 but shouldn't lose too much compared to the 1-22 reduction int he 400 hp engine.

·
Registered
500 Posts
It's going to reduce the mpg numbers if you try to tune the 2.0L Turbo 4 but shouldn't lose too much compared to the 1-22 reduction int he 400 hp engine.
If it can be tuned to where when you really step on it the increase in power is unleashed then that could be a good way to find that middle ground. So during regular calm driving MPG's are nearly or at stock.

·
Registered
591 Posts
As much as I would want that 400hp, I know I won't utilize all of it so the 2.0L Turbo 4 or the VR30 twin-turbo V6 should be more than enough.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think the stock engines are enough for most people without tuning. Let's face it, you're not very likely to push the Q60 to the limit on normal roads unless you go on track.

·
Registered
591 Posts
All that horsepower is going to need that Dynamic Digital Suspension so you don't feel every single bump on the road. Hitting a bump at high speeds isn't fun.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I assume people who are getting a sporty coupe aren't in it for the fuel economy. Also heard that the 2.0t is the same engine as the one found in the recently revealed Mercedes C-Class Coupe.

·
Registered
500 Posts
It's not a top priority for them but it is a concern, just low on the list of things they're looking for. Good fuel economy is more of a perk to them. If it's less than what they thought then... usually its what they can put up with.

These days numbers can only get so bad.

·
Registered
108 Posts
But a 2.0-litre turbo engine is probably more efficient than a V6 or something like that. These smaller turbo engines are more popular now. Some of them are getting mpg numbers that are quite impressive even compared to hybrids and the like. I'm glad they do not feel like they have to use V8 engines just because they are louder. I think Infiniti is on the right track.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The engine sharing totally makes sense because Infiniti has an agreement with Mercedes-Benz. They share engines with the Q30 as well. I don't think people prioritize fuel economy with a car like this, but I do think that people care. They care if the vehicle is totally inefficient.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Infiniti has an agreement with Mercedes-Benz to share engines and other things. Fuel economy may not be a focus, but it does matter. People don't want a Hummer.

·
Registered
500 Posts
well they are to some extent, it's why some people here aren't buying some big and powerful AMG Benz which drinks gas like no tomorrow, aside from the fact that some here just can't afford how much those go for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts