Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I was lucky enough to sit in the new Infiniti Q60 and the interior is looks and feels amazing! It was the Red S 3.0t variant with white leather interior and it's just built to be a luxurious yet sporty car.

Apologies for the potato quality but I tried my best. As you can see from the first pictures, the seats were designed like pods, very comfortable pods that will make you feel like you're sitting on a cloud. The head rest was tilted forward a bit but it wasn't as intrusive as I originally thought, was actually very comfortable and it could potentially fix my poor posture if I sit in it long enough since it made me sit a bit straighter.

Unfortunately, I couldn't fully move the front seat forward to give the back seats a try. Maybe I wasn't pulling or pushing hard enough but if the front seat is any indication, the rear passenger seats should be just as comfortable and I managed to take a picture from the front. It looks almost identical to the concept interior except for the lack of diamond stitching but that is negligible. The seat itself looks a bit more sunken in than the average car but that just means you'll be very well seated and not shifting around during tight turns. The middle has two cup holders and a flat area that's not as deep for random objects. Also of note are the baby seat locks which are easily accessible.

The center console is clean and sleek with a nice carbon fiber border and the dash was soft to the touch with very nice stitching.

That carbon fiber theme and white leather can be found on the doors too. What's interesting is that there's a handle in the driver side. Instead of the traditional hole in the door for drivers to grab hold of in order to close the door, you get a nice curved and leather wrapped door handle.

Of course, no luxury car is complete without a leather wrapped steering wheel. Very clean and the buttons look well placed with the more commonly used ones placed on the outside; volume control, return button, etc. Nice looking speedometer too with a silver border that's not just a plain circle.

Now I'm more excited than ever for the new Infiniti Q60.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I like the fact they tried to keep it as sporty as possible but a center arm rest for the rear passengers with cup holders would have finished it off perfectly.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, too bad you'll be behind the wheel, having fun driving it around in the very comfortable front seat and swaddled in luxury. I didn't want to get out of the car once I sank in.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, there was plenty of space. I'm 5'6 so I was able to get in and out easily with plenty of headroom and seat space. Can't tell you much about the back seats since I couldn't get in there to test it out.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Those rear seats might be a bit of an issue for those carrying around more weight due to how its shaped. But that shouldn't be too much of an issue since a lot of these I see either have just the driver, or sometimes a front passenger.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The rear seats are large enough for the majority of the population in terms of width but you definitely won't get much leg room in the back.
True.

On the plus side rear seat passengers do have personalized space, better than just being a flat seat where the next person over can over flow onto yours.

Maybe we'll see a trend in car makers doing this. I'll be in favor of it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The seat design gives it a luxury feel and the headrests are pretty cool looking. Should be fine for most people but if you're tall and sitting in the back it may be pushing in the area right under your neck. Not sure how that'll feel.

·
Registered
500 Posts
i have a feeling that it shouldn't be too bad for taller rear seat passengers since the seat does sink in quite a bit. Only problem is your legs won't be at 90 degrees, knees might be level with your stomach.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do you think that the back seat's nice looks are to do with the Chinese market? I know that the Chinese like to sit in the back hand be driven in their cars.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have a feeling that it shouldn't be too bad for taller rear seat passengers since the seat does sink in quite a bit. Only problem is your legs won't be at 90 degrees, knees might be level with your stomach.
I don't think that's a problem. I don't drive with my seat completely flat with my knees at a 90 degree angle. Perfectly fine to have raised legs.

Do you think that the back seat's nice looks are to do with the Chinese market? I know that the Chinese like to sit in the back hand be driven in their cars.
Don't think the Infiniti Q60 is geared towards Asia only so they're not catering towards that market specifically.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I assume if you can sit comfortably with your knees not at 90 degrees in the front, it shouldn't be a problem in the back either.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Think he's talking about the metal box in the bottom right corner. Was hoping nobody would ask because I seriously don't know what it's for. :(

·
Registered
500 Posts
LOL well surely that box won't be in the production model. The car was at a show, did anyone here not think for a moment it had something to do with it being at the show?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts