Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the rumors spreading of a 500 horsepower on the rise what are we expecting from the Infiniti IPL Q60 besides the power? if you could make a suggestion what you you add in on the IPL model?

For such a high powered beast I would suggest a integrated spoiler that would help with braking and adding downforce when hitting the higher stretches of speed. Kind of similar to the spoiler that the Mercedes SLR has. it does this by raising up and down to a certain angle to get that specific amount of down force. and rainsing all the way to optimize in air braking.

·
Registered
500 Posts
With the rumors spreading of a 500 horsepower on the rise what are we expecting from the Infiniti IPL Q60 besides the power? if you could make a suggestion what you you add in on the IPL model?

For such a high powered beast I would suggest a integrated spoiler that would help with braking and adding downforce when hitting the higher stretches of speed. Kind of similar to the spoiler that the Mercedes SLR has. it does this by raising up and down to a certain angle to get that specific amount of down force. and rainsing all the way to optimize in air braking.

I highly doubt that integrated spoiler would become available on the IPL Q60, it's just too much of a lower end vehicle to get it. That is something we can expect on the rumored Infiniti GT-R or even the Infiniti Emerg-e supercar.

On the IPL Q60, I'm hoping for a more aggressive looking exterior, kinda like what Lexus has done with it's Lexus IS-F with a wide body and really aggressive side profile...

Lexus IS-F:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I highly doubt that integrated spoiler would become available on the IPL Q60, it's just too much of a lower end vehicle to get it. That is something we can expect on the rumored Infiniti GT-R or even the Infiniti Emerg-e supercar.

On the IPL Q60, I'm hoping for a more aggressive looking exterior, kinda like what Lexus has done with it's Lexus IS-F with a wide body and really aggressive side profile...

Lexus IS-F:

Well that is what I m trying to get at. The rumored 500hp IPL Q60 won't be exactly a lower end car by any means. This will be a high performance luxury. If its true that this Q60 will be using the GTR R35 engine, A fancy feature like this spoiler will be more possible on the IPL than the Nissan.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Well that is what I m trying to get at. The rumored 500hp IPL Q60 won't be exactly a lower end car by any means. This will be a high performance luxury. If its true that this Q60 will be using the GTR R35 engine, A fancy feature like this spoiler will be more possible on the IPL than the Nissan.
Last I checked I believe that information of a 500HP IPL Q60 was just rumors, I don't think it will actually happen. If anything we'll get a 300-400 WHP Infiniti performance line Q60.

·
Registered
500 Posts
As seen in this thread --> http://www.infinitiq60.org/forum/ne...um/38-2014-infiniti-q60-specifications-3.html i stand behind my claim of the IPL Q60 having no more than 400HP, but there's a small chance for a 550HP Q60, but anyone that understands performance cars will know 550HP in a true drivers car requires a lot and coming from Infinti/Nissan we're basically talking about an Infiniti GT-R here.

If we get a 550HP Infiniti coupe, it's going to be a GT-R based coupe and nothing related to the Q60.

·
Registered
75 Posts
An adaptive suspension, carbon fiber trim. A more aggressive body. I would focus on making the Q60 more performance oriented with better brakes, stronger engine, stiffer suspension. An M/T transmission.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Last I checked I believe that information of a 500HP IPL Q60 was just rumors, I don't think it will actually happen. If anything we'll get a 300-400 WHP Infiniti performance line Q60.
Even 400hp would be great the last IPL models only had a 13hp increase compared to base which is a huge let down. The rumors of a 500hp is far fetched but i'm thinking that Infiniti is aware of that they need to make some changes to be competitive in the performance line, at least I hope so.

·
Registered
76 Posts
A 500hp car would be very nice. Compete with the RS4, M3, and IS-F
Yes infiniti is struggling to keep up with their competitors. The last IPL attempt was a huge gong show. They would need to go above an beyond to say up with the germans and others like lexus F sport now.

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Even 400hp would be great the last IPL models only had a 13hp increase compared to base which is a huge let down. The rumors of a 500hp is far fetched but i'm thinking that Infiniti is aware of that they need to make some changes to be competitive in the performance line, at least I hope so.
I would have to agree on the previous IPL models being failures. But I'm sure infiniti realized they didn't fool anyone with those sub par performance G37s. I have a feeling they will be using their hybrid technology established from before and make a hybrid performance out of the IPL line. And market it as green and performance orient.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would have to agree on the previous IPL models being failures. But I'm sure infiniti realized they didn't fool anyone with those sub par performance G37s. I have a feeling they will be using their hybrid technology established from before and make a hybrid performance out of the IPL line. And market it as green and performance orient.
So true, even though IPL is still new, so was F-Sport and the F performance brand from Lexus but they went all out with the Lexus IS-F which is something Infiniti should be doing and will hopefully be doing on the Q60. Only time will tell. 2 1/2 years to go!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have faith in the IPL Q60 happening in the near future but not exactly sure if they will be using the electric motor technology. From reading around it might just be pasted on to the M series/ Infiniti Q70 and making that the four door inifniti GTR.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think it will be a matter of time till it does. The past IPL G37s were a big let down. Are we expecting too much from another poster he said that the IPL model only made a difference of 13 horsepower that is just ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts