Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Infiniti is planning to reveal their hybrid concept, the Q60 Project Black S, at the upcoming 2017 Geneva Motor Show and a preview image has been released ahead of the show. Developed in collaboration with the Renaultsport Formula One team, Project Black S is Infiniti’s foray into the world of high-performance models.

“Infiniti is the premium car manufacturer within the Renault-Nissan Alliance, and a technical partner to the Renault Sport Formula One Team, so it is natural that we come together to explore the possibility of bringing innovative high-performance hybrid technology to our customers. Infiniti has constantly led the way in making innovative new powertrain technology available, and we’re extremely excited by the potential of Project Black S.” said Roland Krueger, President of Infiniti.

Claimed to have a “stand-out, aerodynamic design”, we can’t see much of the Project Black S’ body lines from the preview image, but what we can see is a more aggressive front facia compared to the outgoing Q60. Large side air intakes replaces the front fog lights, beefier lower grille and there may even be two hood vents.

Sitting under the aerodynamic body is hybrid technology that was inspired by Formula One dual-hybrid systems and not yet seen in road going vehicles. The unique performance hybrid powertrain will feature an energy recovery system that harvests electric energy and uses it to boost the Black S’ power and torque. This system will provide the car with instantaneous and lag-free acceleration.

The Q60 Project Black S will be used to help “gauge potential public interest in high-performance derivatives of Infiniti cars.” If its reception is positive, then we may see a high-performance sub-brand from Infiniti in the future.

·
Registered
244 Posts
This sounds awesome!! Basically what the Red Sport 400 should have been from the get-go, minus a hybrid engine system....

As good as the front of the Q60 is, I do wish it had kept its concept bumper and that it had hood scoops...fog lamp area is fine, it actually has enough air intake in the front to not be a direct copy of the front of the BMW M4, which has intakes in that area.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can't post a link on this forum (really peeps we're not three years old you know...?) but they've released the entire car (concept) and it's very interesting. You can find it on Top Gear's web page or on Road and Track.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I completely forgot about this Q60 trim until I found a picture of its rear on instagram. I can only assume that its at the New York show right now and that's not a dealer showroom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts