Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! After going through 18 pages on a previous page about this exhaust system I was quite disappointed with only finding one guy who has provided videos of what this system sounds like.

I installed the Sports Exhaust Kit last night and took the initiative to create a couple quick videos and to combine them all together!

Hope y'all enjoy!

·
Registered
500 Posts
This has me wondering who here will be the first to throw on some full titanium exhaust and headers to go with it. That alone can make a world of difference. But not everyone is willing to spend $5000+ just on those parts.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
This has me wondering who here will be the first to throw on some full titanium exhaust and headers to go with it. That alone can make a world of difference. But not everyone is willing to spend $5000+ just on those parts.
I think the answer is no one will since the exhaust manifold is integrated into the turbine housing so you can't really replace them. :crying:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, the wind wasn't helping at all. Plus this was recorded on an iPhone 7 Plus. No fancy equipment what so ever.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, hopefully someone soon. I was just so shocked to see the lame 2" exhaust pipes. I just don't understand. Maybe back pressure is a necessity for our cars?

I'd love some insight has to why they did this on a 50k car?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I think the answer is no one will since the exhaust manifold is integrated into the turbine housing so you can't really replace them. :crying:
GTR has the same setup, I am reaching out to a few companies, there will be some new systems out soon :)

Thanks,
Marco

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Hey guys! After going through 18 pages on a previous page about this exhaust system I was quite disappointed with only finding one guy who has provided videos of what this system sounds like.

I installed the Sports Exhaust Kit last night and took the initiative to create a couple quick videos and to combine them all together!

Hope y'all enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcNjBZONdts
Sounds great Ryan, thanks for the video!

-Marco

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Thanks for the vid. Finally broke down last night and bought it off Ebay :)

My neighbors are probably going to kill me. :D

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Mine is still on the way but I had a couple questions. Do you know what the dimensions of the exhaust tips are by any chance? Is it 2.5" inlet to a 4" outlet (or is the outlet a smaller diameter)?

Thanks
You worried about a banana in the tailpipe?

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
You worried about a banana in the tailpipe?
The trunk monkey I keep sometimes likes to play practical jokes....:laugh:

Actually, I was considering switching the exhaust tips out with different ones. My GTR has cf tips and part of me was considering making them match. Part of me is thinking either leave as is or go with blue burnished tips.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mine is still on the way but I had a couple questions. Do you know what the dimensions of the exhaust tips are by any chance? Is it 2.5" inlet to a 4" outlet (or is the outlet a smaller diameter)?

Thanks
The tips I think are 4". When ordering the kit I was afraid that tips were smaller than what already came with the RS400 however the tips are the same size and IMO it looks way better!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts