Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400 with Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit

25K views 51 replies 22 participants last post by  ibehardnock2001 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! After going through 18 pages on a previous page about this exhaust system I was quite disappointed with only finding one guy who has provided videos of what this system sounds like.

I installed the Sports Exhaust Kit last night and took the initiative to create a couple quick videos and to combine them all together!

Hope y'all enjoy!

#5 ·
I think the answer is no one will since the exhaust manifold is integrated into the turbine housing so you can't really replace them. :crying:

#9 ·
Hey guys! After going through 18 pages on a previous page about this exhaust system I was quite disappointed with only finding one guy who has provided videos of what this system sounds like.

I installed the Sports Exhaust Kit last night and took the initiative to create a couple quick videos and to combine them all together!

Hope y'all enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcNjBZONdts
Sounds great Ryan, thanks for the video!

-Marco

#25 ·
Yeah, I've posted it before. When I have the cruise control set at 65 mph, I can't hear the exhaust over the road noise, however, if you're commuting in stop and go traffic twice a day, five days a week, it could get annoying.

#30 ·
Drone is honestly not bad at all. The sound is amazing and the look on people’s faces adds to the satisfaction. I usually throw it in tiptronic and keep the revs around 25-3000rpm. That’s where the car sounds the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#33 ·
Of topic - Sadly, "Hemi" has been turned into a marketing gimmick nowadays by Chrysler. I wish they would have also stuck with the hemispherical combustion chamfer instead of flattening it out...oh well!

Back on topic, took my first long, multi-hour drive in the Q60 since I dynamatted the trunk. My exhaust at highway speeds in nonexistent in the cabin.....I thought for a while that I had my music too loud or something but even turned down, I could barely hear it. The only evidence of the exhaust was when hitting the gas (either gentle throttle application or WOT). In stop and go traffic, it's certainly much more livable as well.

#34 ·
Back on topic, took my first long, multi-hour drive in the Q60 since I dynamatted the trunk. My exhaust at highway speeds in nonexistent in the cabin.....I thought for a while that I had my music too loud or something but even turned down, I could barely hear it. The only evidence of the exhaust was when hitting the gas (either gentle throttle application or WOT). In stop and go traffic, it's certainly much more livable as well.
Did you happen to take any pics of your work? Did all the OEM stuff in the trunk fit okay after the install?

#36 ·
Any CEL for exhaust DP

Hello everyone, I have quick question that I saw from a youtube clip and comments. I have a 2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 and wanted to do the DP and CB Exhaust from FI's but read that those parts will throw an overboost code because of our Optical Sensors in the turbos. Here is the reply from Z1Motorsports. Thanks for any answers you may have.

Z1Motorsports
1 month ago
The "Non-Redsport" is easier to make power on due to the fact that the car is not equipped with an Optical Sensor in the turbo. When you install parts that increase boost pressure the optical sensor detects it and throws an overboost code. With the "Non-Redsport" model that doesn't happen. If you do have a Redsport though, it can be tuned with UpRev so the code can be avoided. As for which one will make more power, they both will make the same.

#37 ·
Hello everyone, I have quick question that I saw from a youtube clip and comments. I have a 2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 and wanted to do the DP and CB Exhaust from FI's but read that those parts will throw an overboost code because of our Optical Sensors in the turbos. Here is the reply from Z1Motorsports. Thanks for any answers you may have.

Z1Motorsports
1 month ago
The "Non-Redsport" is easier to make power on due to the fact that the car is not equipped with an Optical Sensor in the turbo. When you install parts that increase boost pressure the optical sensor detects it and throws an overboost code. With the "Non-Redsport" model that doesn't happen. If you do have a Redsport though, it can be tuned with UpRev so the code can be avoided. As for which one will make more power, they both will make the same.
Welcome to the community! Will you be tuning your car? It is highly recommended with the addition of the DP (assuming it's the full DP and not the lower DP only).

A CBE should never throw a CEL and if it does, it would point to poor install or that something else in the exhaust system was affected (either on its own or during the install).

#48 ·
I really wouldn't do the upper dp with a JB1 tune. It's not because I have something against the tune but because I would personally prefer to go with a dyno tune (using EcuTek or UpRev, etc) instead of using the canned tune from the JB1.

Hp/Torque is addictive. I'd say to get the JB1 first and run it for a while. Then when you decide to add the upper dps, sell the JB1 here or on the FB forum and use the money towards a dyno tune from someone reputable (waiting will mean more time for reputable tuners to take interest in our platform and you'll find out more about the limits of the stock platform i.e. engine, trans, axles, AWD system, etc).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.