Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I think it’s fair to say that Infiniti Global Ltd. is an almost perfect example of the global car industry. Now here’s the question: Will going truly global give Infiniti a sales boost, one gravely needed?
First the global part: Infiniti, Japan-based Nissan Motor’s long-underperforming premium brand, recently moved its headquarters to Hong Kong after naming Johan de Nysschen as its new president. De Nysschen, a tall, soft-spoken South African car executive, used to run Audi’s business in the United States. So the Infiniti story touches Japan, China/Hong Kong, Germany, South Africa and, course, North America.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I will agree that they have always been under performing compared to other luxury cars, but I'm hoping the Q60 will bring them into the light and give them some ground! I'm praying it comes out like some expect it to!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I will agree that they have always been under performing compared to other luxury cars, but I'm hoping the Q60 will bring them into the light and give them some ground! I'm praying it comes out like some expect it to!
In a way it's good they've been under performing since it helps to keep these cars priced lower than luxury cars from say... BMW, Benz & Audi. It fills that niche of people looking for cheap & affordable luxury vehicles.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Cars like the Q50 are key to a global expansion. Couldn't see them doing this in the past with the G35 and G37. Will be curious to see how markets new to the Infiniti Q50 will react to it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ill just say that it will be tough for infiniti at the beginning. Infiniti has been around since the 80s but only family and established in north america. In other countries it might take some time for them to accept the brand itself. But im my opinion they will do well in the end. The new technologies and development infiniti is bring to the table is sure to win some over. global expansion could make or break them but if they get through this one just think about the numbers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well you can't say anything prefect my dear...because every thing have some drawback. But I think infinity is a good selling brand of cars in the world and the cars which they build are very comfortable and unique but you can't say them prefect.

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is a good way to add growth to the brand itself. If i had a business i would love to do the same thing to cover a good chunk of the demographics. I think it will be hard at first too,other countries dont recognize infiniti like we do here. I hope they do well so when i have the q60 i can tell my family and friends in other country what it is not having to explain too much.

·
Registered
75 Posts
As long as quality doesn't drop with the expansion then I'll be happy. As in the case of Hyundai and their multiple recalls.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I doubt the quality would be any different as Infiniti will have guidelines and standards to follow regardless of location. Hyundai on the other hand might be mass producing at such a fast rate that they are missing out on things. But that is the problem with mass production. when you compare how long it take to assemble a car with luxury ones the upper class vehicles might take longer to get to the dealership.

·
Registered
228 Posts
As long as quality doesn't drop with the expansion then I'll be happy. As in the case of Hyundai and their multiple recalls.
A lot of times in history build quality has been sacrificed when it came to mass production.

Even NOW it's like this with Infiniti, specifically the Infiniti JX. People are having a number of noise problems with their JX's, even Pathfinder owners are complaining about the noise.

Not sure how good or bad the G35 and G37 build quality was, I owned a G37 for a really short time so I don't know, but would anyone that owned these cars care to speak on their build quality?

G35's and G37's were mass produced, if build quality on them was good, we good expect similar results with the Q50 and Q60.

·
Registered
56 Posts
A lot of times in history build quality has been sacrificed when it came to mass production.

Even NOW it's like this with Infiniti, specifically the Infiniti JX. People are having a number of noise problems with their JX's, even Pathfinder owners are complaining about the noise.

Not sure how good or bad the G35 and G37 build quality was, I owned a G37 for a really short time so I don't know, but would anyone that owned these cars care to speak on their build quality?

G35's and G37's were mass produced, if build quality on them was good, we good expect similar results with the Q50 and Q60.
That doesn't sound too good. So would you say it's better to buy an older G37? Is the reliability in the past better than the current models?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually I don't know which is so comforting between the limo and the sedan but I got on ride on DC airport sedan before and I appreciate it's service actually. The entire travel was soothing and relaxing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

The infiniti JX and the Nissan pathfinder has been suffering from a lot of issues especially if you go on to the forums you'll notice so many threads regarding the issues and looking for fixes. It is very possible that during the mass production things were left out or just not enough attention to detail causing these problems. I just hope this is not the case for the new Q60/50.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The early Infiniti G35 didn't have too many issue as seriosu as the JX and pathfinder now. The g35s were mass produced too but the only issue with them was later on with wear and tear. Like burning engine oil, air bag issue and slight electrical problems.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The early Infiniti G35 didn't have too many issue as seriosu as the JX and pathfinder now. The g35s were mass produced too but the only issue with them was later on with wear and tear. Like burning engine oil, air bag issue and slight electrical problems.
Yup, thankfully owning an original G35 isn't as bad as owning a BMW 3 series from the same era, while one has few issues with low cost maintenance, the 3 series can have issues so bad you'll be better off selling the car and cutting your losses.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know what you mean the bmw 3 series went through a fall out with that particular class. The g35 still had its issue but were seen more towards the higher mileage ones. the low cost maintenance is a plus for japanese imports but Europeans is just a next tier or even a couple tiers up in maintenance costs. I am so glad i never ended up getting a 3 series. They are so cheap now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts