Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/...ation-lets-you-start-lock-and-unlock-at-will/

Two weeks ago, Nissan announced a new Amazon Alexa skill for its cars. Now, it's time for the fancier sibling to get in on the fun.

Infiniti announced today that it will also offer an Amazon Alexa skill for many of its late-model vehicles. It's currently available on the Alexa Skills Store, and it allows owners of two different Infiniti connected services (Infiniti InTouch and Infiniti Connection) to add connected-car features to their luxury vehicles.
It's as simple as saying, "Alexa, ask Infiniti InTouch Services to start my Q50."

Infiniti Owners will be able to use voice commands to lock, unlock and start the vehicle from the comfort of a couch or anywhere an Amazon device is plugged in. Remote start from the home will allow the vehicle's interior to be brought to a certain temperature before the driver gets in, improving comfort on hot or cold days.

For a bit of added security, all commands sent through the Alexa skill will require a four-digit PIN. The last thing you want is your kid starting your car in the middle of the night and burning gas for no good reason.

The following Infiniti vehicles are capable of working with this new Alexa skill:

• 2018: Q50, Q50 Hybrid, Q60, QX70, Q70, QX80
  • 2017: Q50, Q50 Hybrid, Q60, QX60, Q70, QX80
  • 2016: Q50, Q50 Hybrid, Q70, Q70 Hybrid, QX60, QX60 Hybrid, QX80
  • 2015: Q50, Q50 Hybrid, Q70, Q70 Hybrid, QX60, QX60 Hybrid, QX80
  • 2014: Q50, Q70, QX60, QX80
  • 2013: M37, M56, JX35, QX56

Reactions: testrage

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Alexa, wash the Red Sport

·
Registered
181 Posts
Now if I can somehow get alexa to open my garage door and start my Q60 at the same time, that would be something!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Now if I can somehow get alexa to open my garage door and start my Q60 at the same time, that would be something!
Theoretically this should be possible if you have a networked garage opener. You can program Alexa with macros (can't remember what they call it) so if you say a specific command she'll carry out a sequence of tasks.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Eventually if I ever get around to having kids, I think I'll name her Alexa....that way I'll have my own personal Alexa to act as my assistant :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts