Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Infiniti's new naming system: "Q" for Sedans & Coupes and "QX" for Crossovers & SUV's

How much of you are liking Infinit's new vehicle naming system? I always thought their current naming system was fine being the G, M, JX, FX and QX.

Here's what to expect from Infiniti from 2014 and on:

"Q": Sedans and Coupes

- Infiniti Q70 Luxury Sedan (Formerly M)
- Infiniti Q60 Sports Coupe/Convertible (Formerly G Sports Coupe/Convertible)
- Infiniti Q50 Luxury Sports Sedan (Formerly G Sedan)

"QX": Crossovers and SUV's

- Infiniti QX80 Full-size Luxury SUV (Formerly QX)
- Infiniti QX70 Performance Crossover (Formerly FX)
- Infiniti QX60 7-passenger Luxury Crossover (Formerly JX)
- Infiniti QX50 Personal Luxury Crossover (Formerly EX)

·
Registered
225 Posts
It will take some time for people to adjust to the new naming system, they already seemed to have a good naming system in place, but I guess since they want to be more like Mercedes and BMW they probably figured this would be a good first step.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh I understand that they are going to make the classes of the cars and dividing in categories with specific names. I think its easy to remember the models because these short words make it easy..good effort. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think infiniti wants to go back to their roots if anything, I remember back when infiniti just entered the market in the late 80s and their first vehicle was a sedan called the q45. Which people know as an suv but that was in the early 2000s. They kinda of got a lot of people confused which they are doing once again. They should make up their mind.

infiniti q45

1 - 4 of 4 Posts