Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Infiniti has been marketing teasers of their "partnership work" as it pertains to the Black S.
Edit: they have increased the frequency of Black S content on Instagram within the past month.

For one, this is not a simple "strap on an electric motor and go" setup. A crap ton of design work must to go into it, and you also have to think about the amount of software development required ... (do we use the electric motor only for power boosts? when do we engage? do we utilize the electric motor for fuel efficiency boosts? how do we balance fuel efficiency usage versus power boosts? etc, etc, etc.)

I am of a 50/50 belief that the product will actually be generally available; it may remain a concept only vehicle to show the technology advancements and possibilities, but the market for the car is likely small considering how few Q60s are sold across the world (compared to the costs of developing a Black S for actual release).

Also, quite honestly, Renault and Infiniti are doing awful in F1. Not sure how their reliability issues in F1 are impacting research and development that stems from their F1 technology ...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Infiniti has been marketing teasers of their "partnership work" as it pertains to the Black S.
Edit: they have increased the frequency of Black S content on Instagram within the past month.

For one, this is not a simple "strap on an electric motor and go" setup. A crap ton of design work must to go into it, and you also have to think about the amount of software development required ... (do we use the electric motor only for power boosts? when do we engage? do we utilize the electric motor for fuel efficiency boosts? how do we balance fuel efficiency usage versus power boosts? etc, etc, etc.)

I am of a 50/50 belief that the product will actually be generally available; it may remain a concept only vehicle to show the technology advancements and possibilities, but the market for the car is likely small considering how few Q60s are sold across the world (compared to the costs of developing a Black S for actual release).

Also, quite honestly, Renault and Infiniti are doing awful in F1. Not sure how their reliability issues in F1 are impacting research and development that stems from their F1 technology ...
You lost me...what are you on about?

·
Registered
447 Posts
i doubt it will happen due to falling q60/q50 sales and the purge of all of Ghosn lts left Nissan/Infiniti with big holes in there upper leadership. We'll probably see a nissan 400z before a black s since it can be built with off the shelf parts and if supra sales are strong.

·
Registered
447 Posts
since infiniti is on a ancient platform and has a awesome engine...they should just adapt a FCA strategy (hellcat, demon). Make the Black S awd with a zf8speed /manual, add factory wide body and make it 500hp. Should be easy to develop and cheap as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love my Infiniti Q60 Red sport from 2017. My lease is coming up after 3 years in November. I don't see anything changing on this platform and the interior computer is getting old. I don't want to lease another one with 1 inch bigger rims as the only update.

So I'm switching to a Porsche 992. I know its double and I was thinking GTR to stay with Nissan, But that car is also aging with price increases.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hey Porsche is not the leader in change, innovation and value 88so take one last look around before you buy a great Porsche that is old and overpriced... Just IMO from a guy that loves high end, high value and quality Cars!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Porsche is not the leader in change, innovation and value 88so take one last look around before you buy a great Porsche that is old and overpriced... Just IMO from a guy that loves high end, high value and quality Cars!
992 hasn't been released yet in North America. October 2019 release date or early fall. I already built and left a deposit. No turning back as I do want it badly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got the kit y’all. Front bumper, rear, and side skirts. Here are some pics.
That all looks amazing on there. What do you think of it? How's the quality? Pretty sturdy/flimsy? Was the installation difficult? I'm thinking of getting it but I've been skeptical. Do you think it's practical and creates a little more downforce like intended?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got the kit y’all. Front bumper, rear, and side skirts. Here are some pics.
You need a chase bay’s windshield washer reservoir not only some weight reduction but you can relocate it so one you don’t see a hideous reservoir through front bumper and you can utilize that space for oil cooler and trans cooler on other side, actually make the new bumper functional.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts