Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you know if an installation time seems reasonable?

I'm having the Infiniti Carbon Fiber Spoiler installed. The dealership quoted me 2 to 2 1/2 hours install time at $100 per hour. Does that sound like a lot?

In the future, how would I know what is reasonable and customary for a given procedure or install? I plan on adding the sport exhaust in the near future, but I don't want to be hit with a 4 hour installation bill.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

·
Registered
686 Posts
How do you know if an installation time seems reasonable?

I'm having the Infiniti Carbon Fiber Spoiler installed. The dealership quoted me 2 to 2 1/2 hours install time at $100 per hour. Does that sound like a lot?

In the future, how would I know what is reasonable and customary for a given procedure or install? I plan on adding the sport exhaust in the near future, but I don't want to be hit with a 4 hour installation bill.

Thanks in advance,
Dan
I would personally never have anything installed at the dealer. They always overcharge. Just go around to your trusted local shops and get an estimate from them. I installed the spoiler I ordered from Emm Tuning myself, but it was just 3M tape....no screws or drilling required.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My dealer only charges 1 hour of labor for Infiniti accessories. Took them 2.5 hours for the spoiler, but only charged me $90. Going in tomorrow for the black sport grill install and again they said they would only charge 1 hour.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I had the dealer install my black grill and I told them I was quoted 1 hour labor. They acknowledge and when they went to install they realized that they had to pull off the front bumper etc so they apologized that it took more then an hour, but they said they would only charge me one hour. I like my dealer, been dealing with them for 15 years but hey they are no angels and neither are any of us!

IMO, since my car is under warranty I really want the dealer to do as much add-on work as possible so nothing is violated. Afterwards its open season!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts