Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1976 Q60 2.0T Sport RHD
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ! Purchased a module c/w wiring loom extension that will fold the wing mirrors upon locking the car and unfold when unlocked.

The instructions and guidance are poor and while I'm quietly confident about loom connection, which connects to both the mirror fold and window motors as required I am struggling with the remote function.

In the door panel I need to find a cable which sends a momentary 12 volts signal to the central lock upon activation and a second cable which does the same upon deactivation.

I've attached some images both of the device, it's instructions and also of the vehicle with the door panel removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1976 Q60 2.0T Sport RHD
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A two hour job has turned into a four day nightmare,

I am unable to access or identify the wires that run to the lock, despite the fact I have stripped the door back as far as I am comfortable with. Next stop would be to remove the window assembly and I have no intention of doing that.

Now i have switched my attention to the fuse panel area to see if I can find something there. No joy so far..

The vendor keeps making suggestions that just aren't possible on my precise model.

Does any have a wiring diagram for the car a 2017 Q60 ? The only one I can find online is of that low a resolution that it's useless.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think you can pay for access to the service manual through the infiniti site. That should have the wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
1976 Q60 2.0T Sport RHD
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Abandoned this now .... it was driving me nuts accessing the cable. ...

It's made me a little nervous now about my intended Android Auto conversion from AleExpress

·
Registered
28 Posts
Klippax, does the kit you bought come with a motor to turn the mirror in and out? I'm asking because from what I can see there is no motor in the mirror housing. The instructions above are for a Q50 or Q70. Both have the folding mirror button in the arm rest. The Q60 does not have the button and i don't believe it has the motor.

·
Registered
1976 Q60 2.0T Sport RHD
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could be a difference between North American and European specifications, as my Q60 definitely has a folding button alongside the controls for adjusting the mirror position.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Klippax, does the kit you bought come with a motor to turn the mirror in and out? I'm asking because from what I can see there is no motor in the mirror housing. The instructions above are for a Q50 or Q70. Both have the folding mirror button in the arm rest. The Q60 does not have the button and i don't believe it has the motor.
Hello. European market Infiniti Q60 2017 has the electric folding mirror switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ! Purchased a module c/w wiring loom extension that will fold the wing mirrors upon locking the car and unfold when unlocked.

The instructions and guidance are poor and while I'm quietly confident about loom connection, which connects to both the mirror fold and window motors as required I am struggling with the remote function.

In the door panel I need to find a cable which sends a momentary 12 volts signal to the central lock upon activation and a second cable which does the same upon deactivation.

I've attached some images both of the device, it's instructions and also of the vehicle with the door panel removed. View attachment 24014
Hello mate. I was also got the same unit, but what I found that central lock connector is literally where they pointed on the instruction (behind that white plastic holder of central lock metal rods).
The thing is, I have 2019 q50, and my plug is looks like that:
Hand Automotive lighting Finger Automotive tire Thumb
Color code is missed completely, but I was able to unfold mirrors while unlocking the vehicle. But was not able to fold it back while locking. So you might give it a shot, might be your unit is better then mine.
BTW, I will recommend you to unscrew the black plate which "holds" that white plastic, for much easier access. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
What?? Are power folding mirrors even an option on US models?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Reactions: Dzazter
1 - 10 of 10 Posts