Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, can feel the difference right away. If you ever had a strut tower bar in any of your past cars, you will know what the feeling is like then.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
What are the cleaning instructions for those K&N filters?

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They didn't come with any. But with past cars and bikes, I just toss them after a year and buy new filters.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
They didn't come with any. But with past cars and bikes, I just toss them after a year and buy new filters.
Do you have a part number for those filters?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any rubbing by the strut tower bar on the engine cover?
Nice setup.
Getting intakes installed tomorrow.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just really love the way it looks with the twin cones sticking out and up like that. The strut bar does compliment it all really nicely though.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
All I got to say about this intake system is.....SPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOLLL!

I honestly could care less now about any gains I get from it, hearing the turbos spool made it worth the money for me.

Reactions: Red Ninja and Marco

·
Registered
44 Posts

I honestly could care less now about any gains I get from it, hearing the turbos spool made it worth the money for me.
Cant wait to get mine in a few weeks!
Did you get oil or dry filter? Does it change sound or performance?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

That's how I felt after installing my FI DPs.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Cant wait to get mine in a few weeks!
Did you get oil or dry filter? Does it change sound or performance?
Oiled, their just K&N cones so you can just use the K&N cleaner and oil to take care of them. Oiled filter usually have better performance since they don't have to be as thick as dry ones. With all my other previous cars I typically cleaned and oiled their filters once a year, and these with be super easy to maintain given their locations.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oiled, their just K&N cones so you can just use the K&N cleaner and oil to take care of them. Oiled filter usually have better performance since they don't have to be as thick as dry ones. With all my other previous cars I typically cleaned and oiled their filters once a year, and these with be super easy to maintain given their locations.
Oh alright. Thank you for the input! No sound difference?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Anyone doing a tune with these Stillen intakes?

I've heard a lot of cautionary tales from people in the Q50/Q60 FB group about potential issues with the VR30's when using intakes/DPs, anything that modifies the air intake ratio and such without getting a proper tune...love the sound of these Stillens but curious to know if there are any consequences of installing them without a tune.

Also, what I heard was Stillen's testing was all done on the 300HP silver sport version of the Q60 and not the Red Sport, which is another reason I hesitate...it is generally well known that the turbos in the RS are pushed to their limit to deliver the stock 400HP so i'd definitely be more cautious with an RS than the silver sport if I were to install intakes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone doing a tune with these Stillen intakes?

I've heard a lot of cautionary tales from people in the Q50/Q60 FB group about potential issues with the VR30's when using intakes/DPs, anything that modifies the air intake ratio and such without getting a proper tune...love the sound of these Stillens but curious to know if there are any consequences of installing them without a tune.

Also, what I heard was Stillen's testing was all done on the 300HP silver sport version of the Q60 and not the Red Sport, which is another reason I hesitate...it is generally well known that the turbos in the RS are pushed to their limit to deliver the stock 400HP so i'd definitely be more cautious with an RS than the silver sport if I were to install intakes.
I wouldnt install any breathing or exhaust mods without a tune.

Bottom line, that extra $500 spent on the tune will maximize all the gains and make sure you are within safe limits as far as boost control, AFR, and EGT's

1 - 20 of 83 Posts