Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to have a remote start put in my Q60S. Do I have to buy another fob from the dealer or is there a better place?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I believe you can get the default key type elsewhere and have it cut to your VIN and then either programmed at the dealership, from instructions you might be able to find or even through the same source you get the key from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe viper alarm has a remote start that can be linked to the factory fob. You can try going to Best buy or perhaps a local car audio & electronics store.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I believe viper alarm has a remote start that can be linked to the factory fob. You can try going to Best buy or perhaps a local car audio & electronics store.
I think most systems are like that, might even be something that requires some sort of special module to make it happen.

Best thing to do is probably to ask an automotive audio/video shop.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Is remote start not something that has to be added by the factory. Never heard of someone adding it in after the initial purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Remote start for a 2014 Q60S hardtop convertible with MANUAL trans.
I went to a professional car audio place that does this.
I was told that as of now it is not possible to bypass the clutch activation, the key fob is no problem.
They claim they need software to do this which is not available.

Has anyone had any success installing a remote start on a manual?

Pease advise.
Thank you
Ray K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts