Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering getting the "radiant" interior ambient lighting installed in the Q60.... but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Does anyone have this installed on their Q60? I believe it's only white lighting in the footwell areas. Does anyone have any pictures or video of this? The only picture I've seen is the below marketing pic...

·
Super Moderator
2,034 Posts
I'm considering getting the "radiant" interior ambient lighting installed in the Q60.... but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Does anyone have this installed on their Q60? I believe it's only white lighting in the footwell areas. Does anyone have any pictures or video of this? The only picture I've seen is the below marketing pic...

I haven't seen it up close yet but I think it also includes some kind of lighting for the cupholders but at $470, I wonder if it's really worth it as well. It's not something you notice unless it's dark outside usually.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I haven't seen it, but it does include lighting in the cupholder. I looked up the parts online, and there's a wire harness for the cupholder with the ambient lighting. I ordered it on my red sport, so hopefully it looks good.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I haven't seen it, but it does include lighting in the cupholder. I looked up the parts online, and there's a wire harness for the cupholder with the ambient lighting. I ordered it on my red sport, so hopefully it looks good.
Post the link please

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered it on my red sport, so hopefully it looks good.
Cool, please post pics here and/or video of it when you get your RS! :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Interested in seeing the cup holder lights because little things like that really spark my interest lol. But honestly, not too sure if it's worth the money when you can get brighter, more function footwell lighting installed via the aftermarket. I'm all for that fancy techy lighting where I can control it from my phone and what not ;)

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I got it on mine and it's pretty cool looking. Looks really good with the silver optic fiber trim. I'll take a pic of it when I get back home in the garage and post it for you.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got it on mine and it's pretty cool looking. Looks really good with the silver optic fiber trim. I'll take a pic of it when I get back home in the garage and post it for you.
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Yep totally forgot to take the pictures yesterday hahaha! I swear I'll get them up in an hour or so.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Here ya go, The light on the door is not factory as I replaced it with a white LED bulb to have all the colors match mostly.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here ya go, The light on the door is not factory as I replaced it with a white LED bulb to have all the colors match mostly.
Wait...... I'm REALLY confused. This isn't what they're showing... they're showing lights in the foot wells... not the door panels above the trim... I really really want the lights in the door panels like you've shown. I thought I saw it in a marketing pic. Are you sure that's factory??? Did you see the pic I posted of what they advertise? :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yeah wow, the interior door looks cool but marketing definitely isn't selling it that way....

"Adds ambiance to forward interior foot well area (Driver and Passenger Foot Wells, and CupHolder) Enhances the interior's modern appeal Creates a warm and engaging glow"

I'm extra happy I ordered it though. Worth $400? Not really, but I don't thin the kick plates are worth that either. Cool though :)
I didn't order the exterior lighting, but I did consider it.

Thanks for posting the pics!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wait...... I'm REALLY confused. This isn't what they're showing... they're showing lights in the foot wells... not the door panels above the trim... I really really want the lights in the door panels like you've shown. I thought I saw it in a marketing pic. Are you sure that's factory??? Did you see the pic I posted of what they advertise? :confused::confused::confused:
I'm also confused. Is that door panel lighting part of the interior ambient package? If so, what did it look like before the bulb was replaced? Infiniti should definitely put some better pictures on the build site.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm also confused. Is that door panel lighting part of the interior ambient package? If so, what did it look like before the bulb was replaced? Infiniti should definitely put some better pictures on the build site.
I think he's talking about the puddle light in the door because I also had those changed. I am still confused about the LED door strip. The non Red sport definitely doesn't have it.

·
Super Moderator
2,034 Posts
I think he's talking about the puddle light in the door because I also had those changed. I am still confused about the LED door strip. The non Red sport definitely doesn't have it.
I think that's part of the external radiant package or whatever. That's a separate option.

*Sorry, should have stated I'm referring to the LED door strip.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think that's part of the external radiant package or whatever. That's a separate option.

*Sorry, should have stated I'm referring to the LED door strip.
No, the puddle light is the lower light in the door that most cars have. The OEM buib is incandescent (warm white).

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Now I feel bad that I've confused everyone, so I apologize. To clarify I replaced the puddle light bulb on the bottom of the door with an LED bulb. And I overlooked the description in that states the foot well lighting, not the door strip. So since I don't have the foot well lighting but I do have the cupholder lighting I guess I only have half the package? As testrage pointed out the door strip lighting seems to be part of the external radiant package (which doesn't make seems to me since it's internal lighting), sooooo now I'm confused hahah!

So to be clear on the lights shown in the pics:
-cupholder (interior)
-door strip (interior just below the window)
-puddle light (interior on bottom of door)
-courtesy lights (exterior under door)

1 - 20 of 168 Posts