Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I posted this in the Q50 group but going to post here too just in case. I had the interior ambient lighting installed in 2014 Q50 a while back and realized the lights in the front and rear footwells are always on, unless the car is off of course. The kit also came with a switch that's inside the center compartment to dim it or turn it off.

However, shouldn't the lights only turn on at night with the headlights and not be on during the day time when the headlights are off? Can someone confirm this on their car? This way I know if I need to bring my car back to the dealer who installed it to do it properly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine only turn on when the headlights are on.
Does that include your footwell lights too? That?s weird I asked this in the Q50 forum and one of the guys said his is always on and the only way to turn it off is from the switch in the center console, which is the same thing as mine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a Q60 RS bought new on 06/23/17, ordered illuminated kick panels, welcome lighting. Standard lighting outside of these options are footwell lights, upper door strip lights, interior door handle light, cup holder bottom lighting, overhead console lights, and exterior door handle lights.

Optional lighting is kick panels, also optional welcome lighting is exterior underside of body lighting.

I did not order the optional radiant ambient lighting.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Mine only turn on when the headlights are on.
Does that include your footwell lights too? That?s weird I asked this in the Q50 forum and one of the guys said his is always on and the only way to turn it off is from the switch in the center console, which is the same thing as mine.
I'm sorry, I was wrong. I just went out and double checked, and my interior ambient lighting package is on all the time unless I manually switch it off

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I'm still confused.. I have a 2017 3.0 premium awd with factory installed interior ambient lighting and all I got was the footwell lights, no cupholder lights (ring or single led), or door trim lights.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I'm still confused.. I have a 2017 3.0 premium awd with factory installed interior ambient lighting and all I got was the footwell lights, no cupholder lights (ring or single led), or door trim lights.
Take your car back to the dealership and have them install the cupholder lights (single LED), as those should have been included with the interior ambient lighting.

Since yours is a premium (with no tech package, I'm assuming), you won't have the door strip lights or cupholder rings.

161 - 168 of 168 Posts