Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok who has an aftermarket interior lighting package with multiple color options and the ability to program to music beat? Anyone have a kit they love and would recommend? If so, please share link. Thanks!

·
Registered
686 Posts
If you look on page 5 of the "Share Pictures of your Q" thread, we were talking about a kit from Amazon. It's an okay kit. I don't know what exactly makes the lights pulse to music, but it seems that my lights pulse to vibrations from the car/road more than music. Not sure if that's due to my placement of the lights and power box though.

·
Registered
199 Posts
..., but it seems that my lights pulse to vibrations from the car/road more than music. Not sure if that's due to my placement of the lights and power box though.
The OPT7 Aura kits? I read you can adjust that sensitivity to the vibrations. Visit the web site for instructions. For mine I have to turn the music up a decent amount before they start flashing to the beat of music so as is they do not respond to road vibrations.

I like the kit and so do passengers

·
Registered
686 Posts
Oh sweet, I'll check that out, thanks! Have you figured out how to hook up the door assist wire? It's supposed to turn the lights on white when the door opens, but talks about hooking it up to an "alternate power source." Also, which fuse did you plug yours into (assuming you did it that way)? Mine stay on when I power off my car and that's no bueno.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Oh sweet, I'll check that out, thanks! Have you figured out how to hook up the door assist wire? It's supposed to turn the lights on white when the door opens, but talks about hooking it up to an "alternate power source." Also, which fuse did you plug yours into (assuming you did it that way)? Mine stay on when I power off my car and that's no bueno.
To turn on with the doors opening, I tapped into a wire that runs to the little interior light under the dash. Even if you have got no mood lighting you should still have one little light on the passenger side and driver's side. Twist that light socket 90 degrees and it will come loose from place and dangle down for you. You'll have to cut and splice into that wire with your "alternate power" wire but it is basic. I think I simply used wire nuts if I remember correctly.

I went back and forth with which fuse to use for the main power, ACC or not. In the end I opted for a non-ACC fuse because I want to be able to turn on the "mood lighting" if I'm just sitting there with all other power off - I didn't want to have to turn on accessories to have the lights function. I'll have to pull the fuse door to see which one that was.

The car automatically turns off other electronics and lights if you leave them on but I haven't tested the LEDs yet. You can easily bounce back to an ACC activated fuse if you want to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My buddy added an undercar neon light kit to his ride as well as the interior light kit. All those lights just attract to much attention in my opinion.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yea I think the underbody lights are played out, tacky, and "so 90's." I was on the fence about the interior lighting too, but my wife's Mustang came with them standard and they looked really nice.

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
If people are going to use their mobile phones to make videos I wish they'd at least landscape it.

I also wish the Opt7 kit would light with the doors being opened in the color I choose in lieu of the default and only option, white.
I received a compliment on it one night from a soccer mom as my door was open and I was thinking - you should see it in blue or red....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts