Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here's a pic of it in my car. Don't mind the red. I was using the pic for something else.
Is that purple interior lighting that I see? :nerd:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Here's a pic of it in my car. Don't mind the red. I was using the pic for something else.
Is that purple interior lighting that I see? /forum/images/InfinitiQ60_org/smilies/tango_face_glasses.png
No, it's cool white. That's just the way it's reflecting off of the plastic.

·
Registered
234 Posts
For the puddle lights, I recommend getting the projector lights that shine the Infiniti Logo on the ground.

I'm also considering a roof spoiler ( they have a couple of prototypes on sale on ebay) and

some colored floor mats that the seller said he can trim specifically for our cars
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Car-Floor-Mats-Nissan-Infiniti-Q50-Q60-Q70L-2013-2017-Floor-Mats/172961643541?_trkparms=pageci%3A30c34fbd-2c8c-11e8-a1bb-74dbd1806572%7Cparentrq%3A457b37fa1620aadc1cf61168fff58afe%7Ciid%3A1&_trksid=p2481888.c100678.m3607

·
Registered
199 Posts
Are you stacking your floor matts? Sorry if I missed that detail but you list your WeatherTech matts and also your sport matts. You puttin' one over the other?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Are you stacking your floor matts? Sorry if I missed that detail but you list your WeatherTech matts and also your sport matts. You puttin' one over the other?
If he's like me he puts the sport mats in during the summer and switches to the all-season mats during the winter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow its a brand new model with new engine and it needs this much aftermarket mods? Seems like Nissan did not tune this motor very aggressively with so much more potential available.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Some updates and a warning.

Some updates.

Yes, the sport mats I use in the summer and spring, the others in the fall and winter.

Infiniti R-Spec Brake Pads- Had these for a few days. They are significantly stronger than the stock Sport ones. Stopping from a higher speed is much more rapid. It does take some getting use to the firmness of the brake feel. As of yet, I have not noticed any significant difference in brake dust, but as the wheels are not bright chrome, I think that it would hide it pretty well anyway. I'm curious to see how they will work with Forward Collision Prevention; if the stop will be much more aggressive. Not too enthusiastic to willingly test this feature out in Chicago!

Now the warning, about the Infiniti Red Alpha Heat Exchanger.

I was originally told that it would take 6 hours to install, then 8 hrs, then perhaps 10-12. The reason that I was told that the time kept getting longer was that the head mechanic at Infiniti realized that there were so many other things that needed to be done, that AMS didn't account for in their install instructions. For example, did you know that all of the front sensors on the bumper (part of the driver assistance package) need to be disconnected in order to install the heat exchanger?

When I said that I didn't want to spend $125 per hour x 12, plus $720 on the part ($2380 with tax for the part and install!) and to just return the heat exchanger... things got tense. Infiniti said that the Heat Exchanger was non-refundable (even though it was purchased through Infiniti on their Estore) and that ALL Infiniti Motorsports products were non-refundable; even it they were never installed and were unopened. They expected me to buy the heat exhanger without an install!

Eventually, after a very stressful interaction between the dealership and me, we agreed that I would pay for 8 hr of install time, regardless of if it took more time or not, but that this was a one time agreement. It wasn't a win for either of us, and was still more than I would have paid for this upgrade, but a compromise for both. What was I suppose to do with a heat exchanger, use it as an office paperweight? Also, Infiniti wouldn't refund the dealership, so it would then be their paperweight as they didn't expect anyone to order this part in the near future.

If you are thinking about buying anything, make sure you carefully read the fine print to see if it is returnable and ask a lot of questions even if it is a reasonable assumption. You can return a can of soup to the grocery store for a refund, but apparently not an unused auto part. Don't assume that because it is purchased from Infiniti, and is their product, that the dealership would return it, or that they can't change the install time drastically after they gave you an install estimate.

Next time, I'll make sure that the labor time is SET before agreeing to have any installation done. I'd pay for it in advance, so that they can't change the install time after the work was done. I was grateful that they contacted me about the changed estimate BEFORE the work was done, and this was the reason that I was willing to compromise. I also have worked extensively with them, and I believe that they are an honest business that told me the truth about the situation.

Anyone else have a similar, or different, experiences with install or parts issues?

Dan

·
Registered
649 Posts
I was originally told that it would take 6 hours to install, then 8 hrs, then perhaps 10-12. The reason that I was told that the time kept getting longer was that the head mechanic at Infiniti realized that there were so many other things that needed to be done, that AMS didn't account for in their install instructions. For example, did you know that all of the front sensors on the bumper (part of the driver assistance package) need to be disconnected in order to install the heat exchanger?

Dan
There's someone on the FB page who did the install himself. He gave a walkthrough and said it wasn't TOO difficult, but I don't know if he has the DAS that you have. Because of his post, I was going to try to do it myself as well. Hopefully I can get around to it next week.

·
Registered
29 Posts
For the puddle lights, I recommend getting the projector lights that shine the Infiniti Logo on the ground.

I'm also considering a roof spoiler ( they have a couple of prototypes on sale on ebay) and

some colored floor mats that the seller said he can trim specifically for our cars
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Car-Floor-Mats-Nissan-Infiniti-Q50-Q60-Q70L-2013-2017-Floor-Mats/172961643541?_trkparms=pageci%3A30c34fbd-2c8c-11e8-a1bb-74dbd1806572%7Cparentrq%3A457b37fa1620aadc1cf61168fff58afe%7Ciid%3A1&_trksid=p2481888.c100678.m3607
By Chance do you have a link for the lights with projector? I found some on Amazon, but none were for 2017-2018 Q60s.

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
@QTQ60 & @Coahman thank you both! I'm going ahead and ordering one Coahman has since it's all the same color. @Coahman how long have you had yours? Is it still functioning fine? I have that lighting option where it shines light under the car at night so hopefully the color of these puddle lights isn't way too off lol

·
Registered
359 Posts
@QTQ60 & @Coahman thank you both! I'm going ahead and ordering one Coahman has since it's all the same color. @Coahman how long have you had yours? Is it still functioning fine? I have that lighting option where it shines light under the car at night so hopefully the color of these puddle lights isn't way too off lol
I've only had it for a couple weeks, so I can't comment on longevity. For $20 and about 30 seconds of work, I'm not too worried about how long they last.

Regarding the color though, it doesn't match the welcome lighting and that's starting to bother me a lot more than it did initially. I may look for something that is a little more white.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've only had it for a couple weeks, so I can't comment on longevity. For $20 and about 30 seconds of work, I'm not too worried about how long they last.

Regarding the color though, it doesn't match the welcome lighting and that's starting to bother me a lot more than it did initially. I may look for something that is a little more white.

Thanks @Coahman and @Loibs! One of my concerns was the mismatching light colors so thanks for confirming.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Dan, do you have a link for the LED puddle lights? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great info Dan. Thank you. I am curious to know, given your performance upgrades, is the car quicker? O-60 or 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Reactions: Morpheus

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
The LED puddle lights I got at an Auto Zone. They can look up the correct part in their system.

As for the upgrades, the Stillen Exhaust really made for a more sporty driving experience. I'm glad I went with this instead of an axle back. Not only does it sound very aggressive, (especially at start-up and under full throttle), it adds about around 30 WHP, so you do notice the difference; even on a Red Sport. I also appreciate the low end torque gains.

I'm going to put the Burger Motor Sports JB1 (+3 psi) on tomorrow, which should add another 20-30 hp on 93 octane. Also, the Red Alpha Heat Exchanger seems to be helping with potential heat soak issues and more "dynamic " driving. :) The R-Spec Carbon Metallic Brake pads are also working out great and stopping has more "bite" to it.

I'll let you know what I think of the JB1 after a few days of diving with it.

Dan

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve seen the red decal that some of you have put around your push button ignition. To my eye, it looks cheesy.

Has anyone attempted to replace the stock button with, say, a GTR or other compatible aftermarket button. Doesn’t look too difficult?

21 - 40 of 54 Posts