Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
Has anyone attempted to replace the stock button with, say, a GTR or other compatible aftermarket button. Doesn’t look too difficult?
Mine came off the Millennium Falcon

·
Registered
199 Posts
Has anyone attempted to replace the stock button with, say, a GTR or other compatible aftermarket button. Doesn’t look too difficult?
I like it stock, black, blends in and doesn't stand out.

When I saw you can customize this I looked at the pictures and soon thought, na, leave it as-is. I'm all for personalizing but changing the black start button ring to a red or purple or yellow or whatever, no thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like it stock, black, blends in and doesn't stand out.

When I saw you can customize this I looked at the pictures and soon thought, na, leave it as-is. I'm all for personalizing but changing the black start button ring to a red or purple or yellow or whatever, no thanks
I added the gun metal ring to the start button and it blends in pretty well. I agree however that the red one doesn't. I first ordered the red ring and it didn't go with the interior so I didn't attach it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I added the gun metal ring to the start button and it blends in pretty well. I agree however that the red one doesn't. I first ordered the red ring and it didn't go with the interior so I didn't attach it.
I've got the blue one and it's alright (with the carbon fiber interior), but I'm thinking of switching to the grey one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting .. i just got a Q60 premium and asked a performance enthusiast friend of mine for what i should/could do .. its your list ..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had my Q60 Red Sport for a year. I'm pretty perfectionistic about things, so I started making small upgrades to the car to address little issues that I wanted to change. I've decided to post the changes I've made, in order of cost, in case any of you are interested in making these changes. I'll have three posts, Interior Changes, External Changes, and Performance Changes, as well as a brief reason for why I've changed them and approximate cost of the change (parts, not including labor). My goal was to upgrade the Q60, while still passing for Stock appearance.

Interior Changes:

1). Aluminum Red Color Start Button Cover ($10) - Something to make the Red Sport stand out inside and go with the Red "S" theme.

2). Red Trim for Steering Wheel Controls ($10)- Matches start button cover.

3). LED Puddle Lights ($20 per pair)- I hate the yellow incandescent door lights. The white LEDs match with the rest of the car's interior and exterior lighting.

4). Sunvisor Cover for Airbag Warning signs ($20 for pair) - You can get these to match the material of your interior. High quality, now the interior is all black. You can peel them off if you want the warning signs back with no adhesive residue left.

5). Key Fob Cover ($35). You can go with an Alluminum Trim (for the luxury look), or a Calfskin All Blacked Out Cover with Red Stitching (for the sporty look). No longer looks like a Sentra keyfob!

6). OEM Console Net ($50). Pricey, but nice for extra storage, and looks cool.

7). OEM Trunk Protector ($120) Easy to clean in case of grocery spills or leaks

8). OEM Infiniti Sport Mats ($180). Nicely matches the sport models alluminum pedals, with an alluminum Q60 logo plate on the mat. Has rubber grip for where your shoe rests, and carpet is of much higher quality. These should have been standard on all sport models.

9). WeatherTtech All Season Floor Mats ($180): Better coverage than OEM All Season Matts.

10. Radient Ambient Interior Light ($256 on sale): Add on over the Sport Lighting Package that comes standard with Sport Models. Too much? No way, now you have both front and rear footwell lighting while driving and additional cupholder lighting. They all match existing interior lights and have three setting: High, Low, and Off. This helps with an all black interior and still looks very classy. (The only down side to adding this is that the install isn't easy and cost more in labor than the parts)

11). Dynamat the Doors ($250??) Takes out the rattle in the doors. This is the most commonly stated frustration I've seen online about the Q60's noise issues.

12). Powered Subwoofer and Amp ($1200-$1500??) Plug and Play, Car could use a little more low-end bass, and this would take some of the strain off of the rest of the system with a small, but powerful, trunk subwoofer with amp. It might help the doors to rattle less as the subwoofers locating in the doors will not be working full force and will now be Dynamated insulated; with most of the deep bass coming from the trunk. (Hmm, might need to Dynamat the trunk).
Greetings. Very cool and much appreciated. Where can I get this light options, along with the Dynamat the doors and trunk?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Performance Upgrade Pics

Here are pics of these:

1). Continental DWS06 tires (pic from Engage360Training.com)
2). Stillen Cat-Back Performance Exhaust (first 2 pics are from Stillen, 3rd pic is installed on my car)
3). Infiniti R-Spec High Friction Carbon Metallic Brake Pads (From Infinti's Q60 Motorsports Estore)
4). AMS Heat Exchanger (from their website. Note the difference from stock size on left for comparison)
5). Burger Motorsports JB-1 (from their website)
The exhaust tips are dope. What size tires? did you run the stock rims? 2017 with the 19" rims? AWD?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here are some pics for the Interior

These pics are to show you what the interior upgrades look like. Some are my pictures, some are from Infiniti's website, some are from around the web.

Interior

1). Red Start Button (from Amazon)
2). Red Trim for Steering Wheel (Couldn't find it on the net, mine isn't installed yet. I drew a picture in paint to show you what it would look like with Red Start button cover (forgive the drawing).
3). Puddle Lights (left pic shows OEM yellow light, right pics shows white LED). LED matches OEM Kick Plate and OEM Ground Effects Lights
4). Sun Visor Airbag Warning Sign Cover (from Google images)
5). Key Fobs (My keys: left pic has standard fob with aluminum trip on right), last key fob photo from Amazon is the leather one.
6). Console Net (from Infiniti's website)
7). Trunk Protector (From Infiniti's website)
8). Sport Mats (From Infiniti website) Left side is standard mats and right is sport mats.
9). Weather Tech Mats (All Season) Notice that they go up behind the pedals to capture rain and snow. OEM ones are flat, and not cupped.
10). Ambient Lighting Footwells (Found this on Google images). These pictures do not do it justice.
What does the heat exchanger do?

·
Registered
839 Posts
What does the heat exchanger do?
AMS (also Infiniti-branded), Burger Motorsports, Mishimoto, and Frozen Boost market larger capacity heat exchangers for the VR30DDTT engine in the Q50s & Q60s. The OEM heat exhanger is a small capacity unit, subject to heat soak on tuned cars as well as stock tuned cars operating in high ambient conditions.

The VR30 cools the intakes of the turbos via two (2) liquid-to-air intercoolers (one for each bank of cylinders), and the HE is what gets rid of the heat in the liquid coolant.

If you plan on any power mods for your Q60, I recommend installing a larger HE.

I had the shop foreman at my local Infiniti dealer perform the installation of the Infiniti-branded (AMS) HE, which I purchased at a discount from an online Infiniti dealer. Iirc, my dealership changed me 5 hrs of labor @ $140/hr (USD), and gave me a 1-yr/12k mile warranty if anything should go wrong. I've had no issues since the installation was performed two (2) years ago.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts