Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had issues with Infiniti charging multiple times?

Back in May I was charged for both InTouch packages even though I only ordered one. I had them refund me $191.

Now months later, I'm being charged $191 again for no apparent reason. I called and they say they don't even see that charge. They say I was instead charged $186 but that it was immediately cancelled. I'm not seeing the $186 at all and have no idea why they'd charge me anything to begin with. She said she needs to speak with the finance department and they aren't there on the weekend so she'll call me back on Monday after speaking with them.

Make sure you watch your credit card.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I let mine lapse

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Has anyone else had issues with Infiniti charging multiple times?

Back in May I was charged for both InTouch packages even though I only ordered one. I had them refund me $191.

Now months later, I'm being charged $191 again for no apparent reason. I called and they say they don't even see that charge. They say I was instead charged $186 but that it was immediately cancelled. I'm not seeing the $186 at all and have no idea why they'd charge me anything to begin with. She said she needs to speak with the finance department and they aren't there on the weekend so she'll call me back on Monday after speaking with them.

Make sure you watch your credit card.
WTF...that's messed up. I just checked my card and it doesn't show anything as of yet so hopefully I didn't get charged. If I don't, and others do, it might be because I called up a little while ago and asked them to delete my credit card data from the file so that it wouldn't automatically enroll me. I hate automatic payment enrollment systems and try to avoid them as much as possible.

I wish all credit card banks offered the ability to set up a temporary CC account to make a one time or other payment so that the main account is not compromised. I've heard of banks that do this but mine do not sadly.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I never activated any of it and decline anytime my car asks me. The only option I didn't get was the WiFi LOL! Stay off the grid!

·
Registered
46 Posts
BMW provides this for free.

I have no interest in paying that exorbitant fee just for the ability to start from my cell. Which is handy - but I have no other need for any of the other features.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
BMW provides this for free.

I have no interest in paying that exorbitant fee just for the ability to start from my cell. Which is handy - but I have no other need for any of the other features.
I can understand what you're saying but $300 is hardly exorbitant on a $40k-$60k mid-tier luxury sports car. ;)

Personally, I don't know if I will renew it when the time comes, but I've certainly appreciated the ability to confirm my Q60's location when I've left it with one of the local shops for work along with the ability to start the car while inside at work despite it being parked all the way out in the boonies (this is awesome on hot days here and will probably be nice on "cold" days).

@Garnoch, any updates? Hopefully, everything got resolved. It's when things like this happen that I wonder if I shouldn't reach out to Infiniti's Customer Care or Marketing divisions and see if we can get an Infiniti presence on the forums. I think that would be useful to everyone and very helpful to Infinti long term.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I can understand what you're saying but $300 is hardly exorbitant on a $40k-$60k mid-tier luxury sports car. ;)

Personally, I don't know if I will renew it when the time comes, but I've certainly appreciated the ability to confirm my Q60's location when I've left it with one of the local shops for work along with the ability to start the car while inside at work despite it being parked all the way out in the boonies (this is awesome on hot days here and will probably be nice on "cold" days).

@Garnoch, any updates? Hopefully, everything got resolved. It's when things like this happen that I wonder if I shouldn't reach out to Infiniti's Customer Care or Marketing divisions and see if we can get an Infiniti presence on the forums. I think that would be useful to everyone and very helpful to Infinti long term.
No matter if Infiniti screening these forums or not - corporate dimwits will not listen anyways. Just like they removed logo stitching from seats, did not fix shaky/noisy passenger seat on q50, and were unable to put normal shifters on q60 when q50rs already has those. Big corps are nt always wan to do what is best for customers - they just sit on laurels clipping dividends.
As for $300 not being much for the price of this car - that is exactly the thinking that helps Infiniti ti extort money. Shall not be diff for Honda Fit or Merc SL550 - it is exactly the same chip and technology.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
No matter if Infiniti screening these forums or not - corporate dimwits will not listen anyways. Just like they removed logo stitching from seats, did not fix shaky/noisy passenger seat on q50, and were unable to put normal shifters on q60 when q50rs already has those. Big corps are nt always wan to do what is best for customers - they just sit on laurels clipping dividends.
It always comes down to the dollars and cents. All of us are in it to make money as is pretty much every company. I agree that it might be pointless but money i.e revenue can be impacted by public opinion and competition. If there is a good chance public opinion will be impacted, most OEMs will take steps to recover/reparate/redress (within reason and provided the cost to implement isn't higher than the cost of poor sales).

For instance, Nissan increased warranties on the following to combat public perception of failures seen in the real world:
- GTR AV systems (increased to 5yrs/unlimited mileage)
- Murano (old ones) CVT transmissions
- Evaporator systems on multiple vehicles
- etc

My thought process was to help leverage that public opinion via this forum and its users to possibly help all of us out while giving Infiniti/Nissan the chance to do the right thing and build up their rep. I'm probably not going to do anything about getting someone on the forums from Infiniti corporate but this was my thought process.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't forgotten to update this, but I'm still trying to find out why I was charged and still trying to get my money back.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I haven't forgotten to update this, but I'm still trying to find out why I was charged and still trying to get my money back.
SMH, I can't believe that they haven't resolved it half a month later. Any chance you can get your card company to reverse the charge and fight it for you? Let Infiniti InTouch duke it out with them and lose or justify the charges so you have an answer at least.

You could also try filing a BBB claim (not sure how much help that might be since BBB is not really on the consumer's side and is a glorified arbitration shop for the corporations) or contact your state's Attorney General (if they even call on your behalf, watch how quickly Infiniti gets in line). Or you could go the public method, and post publicly on Infiniti's Twitter & FB pages.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is insane at this point. On the phone with them right now. I call every two weeks. It's now been a month.

I've been told a few times now that I would be refunded and that I would get a call from a supervisor. Neither has happened.

The lady on the phone is now saying I was refunded $186 about three weeks ago and then charged $186 AGAIN about two weeks ago. One, I'm looking for $191, not $186. Two, my CC was NOT refunded $186 nor was I charge $186 again. On top of all that, I still haven't been told why they keep trying to charge me .

To recap... I signed up for one package. They charged me for BOTH in May. I called back then and had the second $191 package refunded. On August 28th, out of the blue, I was charged $191 again.

If it's not resolved soon, I'll go the social media route next, because we've had great luck with it in the past. Thanks, Testrage.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update

I was refunded on Nov 22nd.

I'm still a little confused, but the gist is this. Even though I signed up for the first package and declined the second package, then was charged for the second package anyway and got refunded back in May.... after the 6 month trial was over, I was charged again anyway. That's what I was supposedly dealing with. Everyone's idea about not letting them keep a credit card on file has the right idea.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Wow @Garnoch, it only took them 2mths to resolve. Craziness.

Glad it's resolved now though. I'm glad I called them and asked them to take my payment info off. Maybe next time, I'll get a temporary card and use that instead....they can try to charge against it to their heart's content then lmao. Or I'll probably just use my Amex (no other CC company has ever been as good about fighting charges than Amex in my experience).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts