Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded the Infiniti InTouch Services app and it's honestly disgraceful. It looks at least 5 years old.

Please tell me it at least works well.

Looking around, it feels like everyone's doing a better job at this than Nissan. That's crazy to me. And today Tesla previewed it's new app which really puts InTouch Services to shame as far as I'm concerned...

https://electrek.co/2017/02/10/tesla-mobile-app-first-look/

·
Registered
95 Posts
Amazing. A car company in silicon valley built a better app than one in Tennessee.

ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION INFINITI? Our apps are embarrassing. And they aren't worth what we want customers (and employees too - shame on you) to pay for them. If you're going to make a big deal about this stuff, and tie my compensation to getting it turned on and set up for customers - you really, really should make the value proposition more compelling.

Yeah, this is a sore point for me and other salespeople who actually appreciate technology and showing off how cool are cars are (can be).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, it is crude, but all functions work well.

Reactions: Garnoch and Coahman

·
Registered
359 Posts
Barebones functionality, ugly annoying design, but it does seem to work reliably for me. I have it installed on my phone so that I can remote start my car from my office before I go outside. It works for that.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I'm with you. It is basic looking but functional. However, that Tesla app is gorgeous and look at all the extras it offers (location, interior temp settings, etc). The BMW key fob while ungainly looking offers some awesome functionality (and it's a key fob!). Surely Infiniti can do better with a little ol' app (especially one that could be used across the board).

·
Registered
46 Posts
And I doubt the Tesla app forces you to buy a subscription for what is a 10x better experience.

Total fail Infiniti.

And I have one of the top end "launch edition" RS's.

Yet you want me to pay a subscription for an app that I can't even locate the car with?

Ludicrous.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just downloaded this and tried setting it up only to get errors. It keeps telling me that I need to connect to the car (USB plugged in and Bluetooth connected already). When I initially called to set everything up, they asked if I wanted to purchase the subscription right away or wait until my trial is complete. Thankfully I told them I will wait to see how it works...cause this is pissing me off.

Anyone that can provide some insight or help out, I would definitely appreciate it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just downloaded this and tried setting it up only to get errors. It keeps telling me that I need to connect to the car (USB plugged in and Bluetooth connected already). When I initially called to set everything up, they asked if I wanted to purchase the subscription right away or wait until my trial is complete. Thankfully I told them I will wait to see how it works...cause this is pissing me off.

Anyone that can provide some insight or help out, I would definitely appreciate it.
Do you have an account set up on the Infiniti website? You have to have a username and password for the app to work.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Do you have an account set up on the Infiniti website? You have to have a username and password for the app to work.
I do. I was signed in and connected to the car, but nothing happens. Just keeps saying my session timed out or I need to connect to my cars media player. Slightly annoyed.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I do. I was signed in and connected to the car, but nothing happens. Just keeps saying my session timed out or I need to connect to my cars media player. Slightly annoyed.
Are you able to start the car remotely using the app? Have you pushed the SOS button to make sure the car is communicating with InTouch?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Weird, I didn't do anything except download to my iPhone, used my username and pswd to log into the app, and everything worked. Try trashing the app from your phone and downloading it again.

Confirming you have Infiniti InTouch Services, version 1.3? It's my wife's car, and my phone has never been connected to the car. No reason to do that.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also, if you're on iOS, I believe you have to download the app with the black icon called Infiniti InTouch Services, not the app with the purple icon called Infiniti Connection.

I have no idea what the app with the grey icon called Infiniti InTouch is, nor do I know what the app called Infiniti Personal Assistant is. :)

·
Registered
153 Posts

Hey prime time, you may have download the wrong app. I download the Infiniti intouch app and had the same problem. You have to download the Infiniti intouch services app. Good luck

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well this was certainly helpful. Apparently I lost the lottery when I picked the wrong app. Why would Infinit have as many apps as they do in the App Store?!?!

Anyways, last question: it says I need my 4-digit pin. To my knowledge, I've never received it or created one. Where do I find the pin?

Thanks for the help everyone!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hm... the dealership asked me what I wanted my PIN to be when they set it up for me. I'm not seeing a way to change it on owners.infinitiusa.com either. You may have to call your dealership to have them change it for you.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Hm... the dealership asked me what I wanted my PIN to be when they set it up for me. I'm not seeing a way to change it on owners.infinitiusa.com either. You may have to call your dealership to have them change it for you.
Click Personal Details / Contact Preference and check the Update My Password box.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey prime, mine was set to the last 4 digits of my phone number. Try that or try the last 4 digits of your SS #

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well this was certainly helpful. Apparently I lost the lottery when I picked the wrong app. Why would Infinit have as many apps as they do in the App Store?!?!

Anyways, last question: it says I need my 4-digit pin. To my knowledge, I've never received it or created one. Where do I find the pin?

Thanks for the help everyone!
You should have been given an opportunity to select a pin when you signed up on the Infiniti website.

With regard to which app, on the Infiniti owners website, in the section talking about InTouch, there is fine print which describes which app to download for which model. It's easy to miss, but that's how I knew which one to download.

It's kinda ridiculous that different apps work for different models, but it is what it is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
UPDATE: everything is working fine. The PIN was 1234 - something that took me all of 4 guesses to figure out �� Anyways, I appreciate the help from everyone.

The app is really bad in terms of aesthetics, but it does function well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts