Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Introduction - Track_Q60s

1K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  IridiumRS400 
#1 ·
Hello all! Have a ‘new to me’ ‘17 Q60 Silver Sport, 40k miles. Picked it up as a project car.

So the plans for it, think about those really cool GT3/GT4 race cars. I’m turning mine into a Time Attack/SCCA/NASA/GLTC full track car.

If you frequent any of the track day companies in the south east, you may start seeing it starting spring of 2023. Barber, AMP, Road Atlanta, NCM, Ozark International, VIR, etc.

Starting slowly, I’ve swapped out the rear end suspension with SPL traction/camber/toe bars. I’ve also installed AMS intakes and Technafit SS brake lines w/Motul RBF600. To be installed: Boosted6 resonated full down pipes, TSW Kemora wheels in 18x9.5 and 10.5 (+22), z1 oil cooler.

Track setup: 18x10 Enkei NT03RRs (+38) w/Falken Azenis RT660 in 275/35 square, Carbotech RT10/12 pads, titanium brake shims.

Future upgrades: full aero (NineLives Swan neck wing, front splitter), CD009 Manual swap, stripped interior with CageKits road race cage, Wavetrac LSD, A2A conversion (probably B&C). End goal hp/tq, 500/500.

I welcome comments/questions/concerns on my mental health.

Glad to be here. @Track_Q60S on IG.

See less See more
#3 ·
Before you turn it into a full track car, take a look at my post history here and on the Q50 site. Until the tuning software gets better for us track people, I don't think this car can be a full track car without disabling more systems than I want to.
Few questions for you, XP12 in the front and XP10 for rear? I am curious what alignment specs you end up with?
With a more complete tuning option, I think the Q60 would make a great track car and hope we can get there soon.

I am heading to VIR in April for more HPDE time, can't wait :)

Reactions: 831Q60RS
#6 ·
Glad to hear there is another Q60 who actually tracks their car. The FB group is kinda worthless. Yes, XP12 front and XP10 rear. Full disclosure, I also have a ‘12 G37 sedan that I track regularly that is getting relegated to daily status since I got the Q. I used the Carbotech pads on it (as well as some z1 two piece front rotors I forgot to mention earlier). Since it’s my daily, I just use factory alignment setup. I’m starting from factory alignment on the Q and will adjust from there. My G37 is Ecutek tuned (93 and E85) and FBO.

The first track outing with the Q will be mid May at a local track.

#5 ·
Welcome!! Plans sound pretty awesome and manual swap intrigues me. Post some pics!! I always wonder why so many people post new member intros with no pic of their new car haha

#8 ·
Future upgrades: full aero (NineLives Swan neck wing, front splitter), CD009 Manual swap, stripped interior with CageKits road race cage, Wavetrac LSD, A2A conversion (probably B&C). End goal hp/tq, 500/500.

I welcome comments/questions/concerns on my mental health.

Glad to be here
I don't know how this would integrate with the manual transmission, but I'd also recommend a 1-piece driveshaft (D/S), either Al or CF. I have the Inland Empire version on my '17 Q60 AWD. The stock 2-piece D/S was already liberating grease from its universal joints when I installed mine 3 years ago:

Inland Empire CZP 4" Aluminum Driveshaft w/ Foam, Automatic Transmission AT RWD 3.7, 3.0t - Infiniti Q50 14+ V37 / Q60 17+ CV37 3737-AF one piece single red sport silver sport luxe - Concept Z Performance

Depending on the output shaft config, you could contact Inland Empire directly for any interface concerns.

#16 ·
Signal orange. Got it. I’ll make sure and call it that when it goes up for sale. I’ve seen the q60 blood red seats, door panels, arm rest, rear seats and such selling on EBay for $2500. I can see selling mine for that much. Honestly if I can get enough out of selling them for a pair of race seats, that’s all I care about. Thanks for the info!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.