Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought IPL would be Infiniti's performance line but now they have Eau Rouge which debuted on the Q50. Could the next generation Q60 performance model be called "Eau Rouge" or stay "IPL" like it currently is?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm so confused with Infiniti's performance line plans. Its unclear if IPL is continuing or if Eau Rouge is replacing it. It is also possible that Eau Rouge is just the name of the one Q50 model and other performance models will get some other moniker.

Whatever its called, I hope that it happens with the next-gen Q60. I think that generally Infiniti fans want more performance options. Its near the top of my "What should Infiniti do?" list.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm so confused with Infiniti's performance line plans. Its unclear if IPL is continuing or if Eau Rouge is replacing it. It is also possible that Eau Rouge is just the name of the one Q50 model and other performance models will get some other moniker.

Whatever its called, I hope that it happens with the next-gen Q60. I think that generally Infiniti fans want more performance options. Its near the top of my "What should Infiniti do?" list.
sounds like it's time for them to make some official announcement of what their plan is. the chicago show is coming up which is one of the biggest ones in north america, maybe they'll announce something then?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seems like no one knows if they will go with IPL or Eau Rouge, even if it's speculation, no one has any good points on why one over the other

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm not entirely sure either

But I dont like the Eau Rouge name

Not very performance sounding at all

I was happy with the IPL name

We just need a real performance car like the Eau Rouge Q50 to be an IPL

·
Registered
116 Posts
i bet many other Infiniti guys agree with IPL over Eau Rouge, hopefully they notice this and take it into consideration

·
Registered
364 Posts
The Eau Rouge has a high chance of being just a concept name to preview what the IPL could be.

Infiniti can't be crazy enough to really rename their performance models after a stream of water of a turn on an F1 track...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Eau Rouge has a high chance of being just a concept name to preview what the IPL could be.

Infiniti can't be crazy enough to really rename their performance models after a stream of water of a turn on an F1 track...
sounds like what they would do.
eau rouge sounds suitable for a performance concept, definitely not for production

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just couldn't imagine Infiniti putting an "ER" badge on the back of its vehicles. Makes it sound like they are in need of emergency medical attention or something. IPL sounds much better.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they don't have to put a badge on it, not all car makers do. if you look at the concept it didn't have an ER or Eau Rouge badge:

·
Registered
364 Posts
If they are willing to sell that body kit to Q50 owners I think it will be very popular

Maybe this is a hint to how the Q60 will be styled!

·
Registered
225 Posts
If they don't, I know some aftermarket parts maker will make it. But of course it won't likely be exactly like that, just close enough.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Same here, it should fall in line with pricing of just about any high end authentic aftermarket kit out there if they do sell it. But after you get it painted and all...it will amount to a lot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts