Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else think that the moniker IPL is a little foolish? I know it stands for Infiniti Performance Line but that just sounds like audis S line and other assorted appearance packages.

I feel IPL doesnt carry the same fear or envy as M, AMG, SVT, TRD, STi

With the new Q naming scheme I wonder if infiniti has any plans to change IPL as well?

Additionally, we still have the IPL Q60 being sold (rebadged of course) but other than that i don't think Infiniti has anymore IPL models....

·
Registered
500 Posts
it's not foolish in any way.
i've looked at brands that formed performance packages and models and sometimes this is the route they take, it's a slow one but eventually it gets somewhere.
unlike all the IPL models of the past the new IPL Q60 should be a game changer, offering REAL performance and bring it closer to AMG, M, and Lexus's F.

Have you see the recent spy shot of the redesigned Q60?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't really think that the IPL name is a problem. Although if they did want to change it this would be the time. What would you have them call it instead. Some other combination of three letters?

·
Registered
225 Posts
IPL is just a styling package with some minor performance upgrades, nothing significant. It's great for those who are true enthusiasts that love Infiniti that want more and want to stand out.

The IPL G37 is amazing IMO, the aero kit alone is enough to make me upgrade:

in black it looks best:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't really think that the IPL name is a problem. Although if they did want to change it this would be the time. What would you have them call it instead. Some other combination of three letters?

its not the acronym thats the problem, its INFINITI PERFORMANCE LINE. It sounds cheesy and not very potent, exactly what it is. Sure the aero kit is cool, but its barely functional and not worth the premium.

Why even have IPL if its not meant to compete with M, AMG, STi? I mean they share an office with NISMO, those old boys couldn't throw over a couple bones? Better yet why not just splice NISMO into its own standing brand like Benz has done with AMG?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Infiniti Performance Line, doesn't sound bad, to me it sounds suitable for what it's supposed to be for.

What do you think would be more suitable?

·
Registered
1 Posts
its not the acronym thats the problem, its INFINITI PERFORMANCE LINE. It sounds cheesy and not very potent, exactly what it is. Sure the aero kit is cool, but its barely functional and not worth the premium.

Why even have IPL if its not meant to compete with M, AMG, STi? I mean they share an office with NISMO, those old boys couldn't throw over a couple bones? Better yet why not just splice NISMO into its own standing brand like Benz has done with AMG?
considering that NISMO stands for NISan MOtorsports.... I like IPL better than INFMO lol... I wouldnt feel right saying "hey.. check out my q60 INFMO"

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I just got my 2015 Q60 IPL Vert. I got a smoking deal on it and paid less than sticker for a 2015 Q60S, so it was a no brainer. However, the aero kit and the wheels are really what did it for me. Sure, the few extra HP is nice too. The handling is definitely stiffer than stock and I live near the mountains, so it'll definitely come to good use. As far as the IPL moniker, I'm going to let the marketing weenies debate that one. Everybody can throw an "s" into a name to indicate some extra goodies. Obviously, Infiniti did it too. But the IPL is unique and I agree, it should take time to grow. But they've got to stick with it. I hope the new Q60 sells well though. It bodes well for all of us.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a 2014 Q60 IPL Coupe... I wanted the IPL just to be a little different from all the rest but I think Infiniti should switch from IPL (Infiniti Performance Line) to ICL (Infiniti Cosmetic Line) until they truly start putting some serious HP and performance in the cars... but unfortunately when they do it will probably price me right out...

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts