Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
What kind of tint and what %? Looks beautiful!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Very nice! That color looks great in So. Cal sun!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
15% 3G film w/lifetime warranty. In other words, totally illegal, but I don't care.
You'll care if you come to Texas and the State Trooper cuts a square out of it as evidence. My dealership was willing to to put illegal tint on my car, but without the certification sticker. They also warned me of the possible consequences which I just related.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
You'll care if you come to Texas and the State Trooper cuts a square out of it as evidence. My dealership was willing to to put illegal tint on my car, but without the certification sticker. They also warned me of the possible consequences which I just related.
30% is still legal here in Texas correct? That is what I was planning to get when I do pick one up. I looked online and it looked like 25% was the lowest for Texas, but I think that would be a little too dark for me.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
30% is still legal here in Texas correct? That is what I was planning to get when I do pick one up. I looked online and it looked like 25% was the lowest for Texas, but I think that would be a little too dark for me.
I thought Southwest Infiniti said it was 25%. I know they were willing to do 20% which is legal on all but the driver and front passenger's window.

Yup, it's 25%. Here's the link: https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/vi/consumerinfo/windowTint.htm

Note: It's 25% light transmittance value when measured WITH the glass. The darker the factory glass, the lighter the tint you can apply. So it depends on how dark the factory glass is.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I thought Southwest Infiniti said it was 25%. I know they were willing to do 20% which is legal on all but the driver and front passenger's window.

Yup, it's 25%. Here's the link: https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/vi/consumerinfo/windowTint.htm

Note: It's 25% light transmittance value when measured WITH the glass. The darker the factory glass, the lighter the tint you can apply. So it depends on how dark the factory glass is.
I think our glass may have a value of 45% and the dealership installed 35% tint.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Wow, that's pretty extreme... But no tint makes the Q60 look a bit incomplete. Guess it's down to how much the local police cares about these things.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Wow, that's pretty extreme... But no tint makes the Q60 look a bit incomplete. Guess it's down to how much the local police cares about these things.
Since it's legal to carry a handgun inside your vehicle, cops in Texas care a great deal about being able to see through the front passenger and driver's side windows.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Since it's legal to carry a handgun inside your vehicle, cops in Texas care a great deal about being able to see through the front passenger and driver's side windows.
I'm not driving it to Texas, so luckily that's not an issue!

It's illegal to have anything under 30 in S.Cal. But I had 20 on my 14 Q60 and it wasn't a problem. Plus my tint place gave me a voucher for free removal if I get a ticket.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts