Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Q60S AWD
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is prob an easy one. I can’t find my manual otherwise I wouldn’t bring this to all of you. So thx in advance.

Ok… it’s 90 degrees F outside right now. And this is what the climate shows. See the picture. Note that the AC snowflake isn’t turned on, but the air coming from the vents is very cold. The question is…. Is the AC on?

ps: note it’s not set to “auto” either.

Audio equipment Gas Machine Electronic device Multimedia

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
The question is…. Is the AC on?
Yes, it's on. When you push auto the snowflake doesn't light up because auto is also for heat. You can manually turn on the A/C by pushing the snowflake. If the snowflake is lit, when you push it again the A/C compressor shuts off but the fan keeps the level it was set at.

FYI, all the manuals are available online: INFINITI Manuals and Guides | INFINITI USA

Reactions: 2021Q60RS400

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
Auto was off
Your picture shows auto is ON. That's what the amber light above the "Auto Recirc" indicates. If the ambient temps are hot and very cold air is coming from the vents, the A/C is either on Auto or you've pushed the snowflake.

If Auto is engaged and you change the fan speed, the Auto indicator on the left column will turn off, but the A/C will still be on. Full Auto controls how the air is blended (hot, warm, cool, cold) and the fan speed.

Reactions: 2021Q60RS400

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Your picture shows auto is ON. That's what the amber light above the "Auto Recirc" indicates. If the ambient temps are hot and very cold air is coming from the vents, the A/C is either on Auto or you've pushed the snowflake.

If Auto is engaged and you change the fan speed, the Auto indicator on the left column will turn off, but the A/C will still be on. Full Auto controls how the air is blended (hot, warm, cool, cold) and the fan speed.
Do you know if the A/C compressor is always on when in 'Auto' mode? For instance, if it's 32* F outside and it's blowing warm air, is the compressor engaged? Maybe to dehumidify the air?

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
Do you know if the A/C compressor is always on when in 'Auto' mode?
Compressor is on when you select defrost/defog if the ambient temp is above 23F.
It's explained in the owner's manual. I even provided the link for the online manuals above.

Reactions: VIVID
1 - 6 of 6 Posts