Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this video works but is this ticking noise supposed to sound like this on the Q 60 engine I’ve owned Nissans and infinities in the past and I know that their timing chains can make this type of rattling noise but I mean come on for 2018 shouldn’t really be this loud?

not saying that it is the timing chain I honestly have no idea what I’m talking about when it comes to cars but to me this sounds like it shouldn’t be there? Thanks to anyone who is helping in advance

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
not saying that it is the timing chain I honestly have no idea what I’m talking about when it comes to cars but to me this sounds like it shouldn’t be there? Thanks to anyone who is helping in advance
That's the sound of the High-Pressure Fuel Pump. It is located on the driver's side of the engine, towards the front, and hides under a black foam cover. It is a sprung-pintle design that is actuated by the camshaft, so it make some audible noise at idle. You'll also hear some clicking of the high-pressure fuel injectors, too.

Totally normal.

Reactions: Omenx

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the sound of the High-Pressure Fuel Pump. It is located on the driver's side of the engine, towards the front, and hides under a black foam cover. It is a sprung-pintle design that is actuated by the camshaft, so it make some audible noise at idle. You'll also hear some clicking of the high-pressure fuel injectors, too.

Totally normal.
Thanks a lot man that really makes me feel good I actually didn’t think anything of it until a friend mentioned it then I started second guessing haha. Do you notice the clicking or ticking sound slightly when you’re driving with windows up and radio off?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Do you notice the clicking or ticking sound slightly when you’re driving with windows up and radio off?
No, because I have FI Full Catted DPs & FI Resonated CBE - I hear the exhaust tone above any else. Also, this Valvoline Modern Engine 5W30 seems to make my engine run relatively quiet :sneaky:, aside from the ticking of fuel injectors.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, because I have FI Full Catted DPs & FI Resonated CBE - I hear the exhaust tone above any else. Also, this Valvoline Modern Engine 5W30 seems to make my engine run relatively quiet :sneaky:, aside from the ticking of fuel injectors.
Wow nice man... and yah regarding the down pipes I think I want to install some as well. I have a catback stillen exhaust system- what can I do or what do you recommend to get down pipes?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I makes a huge difference if you have a JB4 or a tune, not as much without it - but still noticeable.

You can search the forums for different brands, you will find AMS, Fast intentions, Megan etc.

Ps: dealers might make a issue with it and void warranty, buyers beware

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I makes a huge difference if you have a JB4 or a tune, not as much without it - but still noticeable.

You can search the forums for different brands, you will find AMS, Fast intentions, Megan etc.

Ps: dealers might make a issue with it and void warranty, buyers beware
Hmmm maybe I should wait until near the end of my warranty then... I don’t want to mess around with it since I just got my car 4 weeks ago

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just picked up 2017 RS400 myself and it kinda sounds like this. This is good to know from the input here that it is pretty much normal. Thanks to All.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts