Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
It's a Red Sport - "RG31" listed on the door data plate means 3.133 gear ratio rear end, which is unique to the Red Sport.
Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle

Any explanations by the dealer about the damage report on the CarFax?

Gesture Font Screenshot Working animal Brown bear

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. No I haven’t gone to look at it yet I’m thinking about going to see it Saturday a long with a few others but no wonder it’s cheaper than the others, you think I should pass on it? Other ones are around 40k

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Yes, I would.

The problem with even Minor accident vehicles is you don't know if it has hidden damage - too much variation in what is considered "repaired" IMO.

I was in the same boat a few months ago - was looking at a late model Audi at a dealership with only 7k miles, but it had a "minor" accident reported on the right rear. It was priced like others offered with no damage, so despite that it had the right options, mileage, and color, I passed on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I would.

The problem with even Minor accident vehicles is you don't know if it has hidden damage - too much variation in what is considered "repaired" IMO.

I was in the same boat a few months ago - was looking at a late model Audi at a dealership with only 7k miles, but it had a "minor" accident reported on the right rear. It was priced like others offered with no damage, so despite that it had the right options, mileage, and color, I passed on it.
Thanks for the feedback I have another post on here I’m torn between a red 2017 with I’m only 11k miles and a black 2019 with 32k miles both same price what you think?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Depends on how much mileage you plan to do going forward. Let's consider warranty coverage:

The 2017 is likely timed-out on the B^B warranty, but will have 2 years left on the 6-yr/70k mileage Powertrain warranty. (With 11k, I wasn't worried you'll put 59k miles in 2 years!)

The 2019 will still have another 2 years and 28k miles left of the B^B warranty, with another 4 years and 52k miles of Powertrain warranty coverage.

The red will hide dirt much better than the black - I've had black cars before, and they are a challenge to keep clean, depending on how OCD you are about that stuff.

I would also check CarFax of both and see what kind of maintenance history is available. For example, the 32k mile car could have had stellar maintenance, while the 11k mile car was driven 2 miles each way to church, and has some sludge in the motor already.

For a car I thought about buying last year, and was 800 miles away, I had a pre-purchase inspection done by the Lemon Squad (available in most areas of the US).

Pre-Purchase Car Inspection | Vehicle Inspection

If you are not mechanically-inclined, this service is pretty thorough at performing a pre-purchase inspection for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I pulled the Window sticker, it is a Red Sport so that means the Silver S is just the wrong part. The Body shop that ordered it probably didn't know which one was needed or its a similar part number between them just one character off. With that said, accidents are a crap shoot. Best advise is to see if you can have it inspected by an independent body shop to get their opinion on it,

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I pulled the Window sticker, it is a Red Sport so that means the Silver S is just the wrong part. The Body shop that ordered it probably didn't know which one was needed or its a similar part number between them just one character off. With that said, accidents are a crap shoot. Best advise is to see if you can have it inspected by an independent body shop to get their opinion on it,
Yes, mystery solved.

Must have been a high hit to crinkle the trunk lid, and with front, back, and top damage, it was likely in a multiple car accident, such as a sudden stop in traffic with this Q60 being in the middle of the sandwich..

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Here’s the maintenance history
So an off-lease vehicle with regular service appointments. Looks like one oil change performed (i.e., ENGINE SERVICED) around 8k miles.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
So what do you think iridium safe to get this one?
Looks good, so far. One site you should check with is badvin.org. It sometimes includes the auction pictures, and possibly pricing, to get an idea what CarMax got it for and what condition it was in, prior to getting it cleaned-up:

2017 INFINITI Q60, JN1FV7EK2HM610715 - Sold in Hayward, CA in 2021

I put the VIN in, but you need to pay for the report to get all the background details. I highly recommend it to be fully-informed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts