Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I've got a 2019 Q60 RS with just the Essential Package (No ProAssist and no ProActive) and so I do not have ICC (Intelligent Cruise Control) but I do have FEB (Forward Emergency Braking). Couple days ago, I had my front grill swapped out for the black grill (F23105CA0A) and now I'm getting the following error message:

"Unavailable front radar obstruction"

From what I was able to gather in the owners manual, the "forward emergency braking with pedestrian detection system uses a radar sensor located behind the grille of the front bumper to measure the distance to the vehicle ahead in the same lane."

I noticed that the stock chrome grill that came on the car has the flat emblem with the plastic behind it. The black grill that I ordered (F23105CA0A) has the traditional chrome emblem with depth to it. Can somebody help out and point me to the correct Black Grill that I need? Do I need the ICC version of the black grill even though I dont have ICC? Infiniti couldn't have made this any more confusing. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey All,

I've got a 2019 Q60 RS with just the Essential Package (No ProAssist and no ProActive) and so I do not have ICC (Intelligent Cruise Control) but I do have FEB (Forward Emergency Braking). Couple days ago, I had my front grill swapped out for the black grill (F23105CA0A) and now I'm getting the following error message:

From what I was able to gather in the owners manual, the "forward emergency braking with pedestrian detection system uses a radar sensor located behind the grille of the front bumper to measure the distance to the vehicle ahead in the same lane."

I noticed that the stock chrome grill that came on the car has the flat emblem with the plastic behind it. The black grill that I ordered (F23105CA0A) has the traditional chrome emblem with depth to it. Can somebody help out and point me to the correct Black Grill that I need? Do I need the ICC version of the black grill even though I dont have ICC? Infiniti couldn't have made this any more confusing. Thanks guys!

Yes the flat emblem means you do have sensors. You need a new grill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the flat emblem means you do have sensors. You need a new grill

I was thinking the same. There are 3 versions of the black grill:

Black with Tech Package (F2310-5CB1A)
Black without Tech Package (F2310-5CA0A)
. This is the one I purchased that isn't compatible with my car.
Black without ICC (52310-5CA0A)

One of the other two should do it. I just dont know which one.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I see what you did there :D

Ha ha! Didn't catch that until you mentioned it!

So...went bell-to-bell today and planned to review this when I got home only to realize I left my Excel file I keep with logins needed at my desk :(. I need to upload the thing to Drive so I can access anywhere.

@tomro emailed me and I think he's on track, but, I need to dig deeper to make sure. The 2019 Q60 for some crazy reason still has no section for grilles on the official parts copy of accessories. I believe it to be an omission.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Reactions: saboxerman

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ha ha! Didn't catch that until you mentioned it!

So...went bell-to-bell today and planned to review this when I got home only to realize I left my Excel file I keep with logins needed at my desk :(. I need to upload the thing to Drive so I can access anywhere.

@tomro emailed me and I think he's on track, but, I need to dig deeper to make sure. The 2019 Q60 for some crazy reason still has no section for grilles on the official parts copy of accessories. I believe it to be an omission.
Much appreciated Sid! You da man.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I know it is unsolicited, but may I recommend a secure password manager, such as Bitwarden?

Do tell. My Excel sheet is one I keep the litany of usernames and passwords I have to keep up with along with other oddball information I pickup along the way like non-cataloged part numbers.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Do tell. My Excel sheet is one I keep the litany of usernames and passwords I have to keep up with along with other oddball information I pickup along the way like non-cataloged part numbers.

If someone gets a copy of your spreadsheet, they will easily be able to read all of your usernames and passwords. That would be a bad thing.

Password Managers store the passwords in an encrypted format making it harder for someone else to access them. There are lots of password managers, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_password_managers

·
Registered
242 Posts
Because I believe everyone can benefit from a good, secure password manager, I will go off-topic on this thread rather than DM. A password manager encrypts and stores all of your passwords [that you want it to], so you only need to remember a single password and your account name to access your password vault. Many password managers have plug-ins for web browsers to seamlessly integrate; for example, when I navigate to Gmail and see the login form, my password manager's web browser plug-in offers to enter my saved credentials for the website.

I prefer Bitwarden (https://bitwarden.com/) -- the free offering is more than ample for most people.

I used to advocate for and use LastPass (https://www.lastpass.com); however, LogMeIn acquired them and began making very negative changes for customers at which point I jumped ship (and the negative changes is what spurred Bitwarden to be developed).

I have heard a lot of great things about 1Password (https://1password.com/), but I have never used it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
At a minimum password protect that excel spreadsheet with 10 characters using all types of keys.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey guys! Better late than never, I guess! Man...getting adjusted and trying to set up things like I used to have them at Infiniti has been a task. Then, add to that, our shipping program was down over half the day and that's also the program used to print packing slips for our eBay orders. Needless to say, got put through the ringer yesterday and today.

@Malmby, @dave, thanks a mil for that advice! I'm going to look into this as I'm always looking for better ways to do things. Many don't know how many systems dealership parts personnel use just to do what we do on a daily basis. Nissan/Infiniti would do themselves justice to find well-versed programmers to create a system like Hondanet. That is still the best backend system I've ever used in the world of OEM parts.

So.. @tomro...let's hop on this. I'm sort of flying blind at the moment because, again, I left in a rush today. Only this time it was my wife reminding me of a crucial doc appointment for our little Em. BUT, I'm going to type through my through processes (all based off memory) and then come to my conclusion.

For the Q60, there was/is 4 iterations of the grilles:

Black Sport, no illuminated emblem with ICC
Black Sport, no illuminated emblem without ICC
Black Sport, illuminated emblem without ICC
Standard grill, illuminated emblem without ICC

So, if there is an FEB installed on the vehicle, I think this essentially takes the place of an ICC radar, which it behind the emblem on the Q60's. Therefore, the only option you'll have is the black sport grille with no illuminated emblem with ICC.

The dead giveaway is the flat emblem. With flat emblem, it allows for no obstruction of the radar.

Conclusion, F2310-5CB1A is needed and we need to reach out to the community to see if someone can take the one you have now off your hands unless you were able to successfully reach out to my replacement to see if they'd take it back.

Don't forget, anyone looking to purchase accessories through Infiniti, your best best with these is to go to www.parts.infinitiusa.com, put in your ZIP to find your local Infiniti dealer, make sure they have list price and not inflated prices on their site, use ESTORE2019, and get a cool 15%-25% off of your order and you pick it up to avoid shipping costs. No one can really beat the prices on accessories by doing this. Factory and NISMO parts do not qualify for this discount and that's where ya gotta shop.

I think that's all for now! If anyone has any corrections to this, please chime in. My brain is pitter-pattering along at the moment.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys! Better late than never, I guess! Man...getting adjusted and trying to set up things like I used to have them at Infiniti has been a task. Then, add to that, our shipping program was down over half the day and that's also the program used to print packing slips for our eBay orders. Needless to say, got put through the ringer yesterday and today.

@Malmby, @dave, thanks a mil for that advice! I'm going to look into this as I'm always looking for better ways to do things. Many don't know how many systems dealership parts personnel use just to do what we do on a daily basis. Nissan/Infiniti would do themselves justice to find well-versed programmers to create a system like Hondanet. That is still the best backend system I've ever used in the world of OEM parts.

So.. @tomro...let's hop on this. I'm sort of flying blind at the moment because, again, I left in a rush today. Only this time it was my wife reminding me of a crucial doc appointment for our little Em. BUT, I'm going to type through my through processes (all based off memory) and then come to my conclusion.

For the Q60, there was/is 4 iterations of the grilles:

Black Sport, no illuminated emblem with ICC
Black Sport, no illuminated emblem without ICC
Black Sport, illuminated emblem without ICC
Standard grill, illuminated emblem without ICC

So, if there is an FEB installed on the vehicle, I think this essentially takes the place of an ICC radar, which it behind the emblem on the Q60's. Therefore, the only option you'll have is the black sport grille with no illuminated emblem with ICC.

The dead giveaway is the flat emblem. With flat emblem, it allows for no obstruction of the radar.

Conclusion, F2310-5CB1A is needed and we need to reach out to the community to see if someone can take the one you have now off your hands unless you were able to successfully reach out to my replacement to see if they'd take it back.

Don't forget, anyone looking to purchase accessories through Infiniti, your best best with these is to go to www.parts.infinitiusa.com, put in your ZIP to find your local Infiniti dealer, make sure they have list price and not inflated prices on their site, use ESTORE2019, and get a cool 15%-25% off of your order and you pick it up to avoid shipping costs. No one can really beat the prices on accessories by doing this. Factory and NISMO parts do not qualify for this discount and that's where ya gotta shop.

I think that's all for now! If anyone has any corrections to this, please chime in. My brain is pitter-pattering along at the moment.
Thanks for all that you do Sid! I will proceed with picking up F2310-5CB1A!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey All,

If you get to see this I have a quick question for you. When you switched your flat grille to the one with depth what exactly happened. Is it still drivable and not annoying? Asking because I wanna get the black sport with depth to get a new custom q60 led emblem and I don't care for ether front camera. If it's only the symbol that comes up in the dash then that isn't too bad. Please let me know.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you get to see this I have a quick question for you. When you switched your flat grille to the one with depth what exactly happened. Is it still drivable and not annoying? Asking because I wanna get the black sport with depth to get a new custom q60 led emblem and I don't care for ether front camera. If it's only the symbol that comes up in the dash then that isn't too bad. Please let me know.
Yeah it was just the warning message that came up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts