Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well technically Americans born in Japan. Winters white weft still lingers all too real for all too many of us and all the wheelsmiths are dreaming off is Japanese muscle and steamy summer nights. But for the prospective his choice has become more of a curious question. Do I go with the incumbent or back the rookie? Infiniti Q60 vs RC350

Precious little is known about the RC350, and when I say precious little I mean price.

Ok what do we know? To start off the similarities are there, both the RC and Q60 use a shortened RWD saloon platform and tried and true V6s. Styling wise two looks could not be further from each other. Q60 may be a bit long in the teeth but its flowing design lines still hold up well, while the Lexus comes at you with a razor blade in the black, its a modern look for the RC that will quickly become a primitive relic of what trying hard was believed to be.

Anyways I'm sure you're sick of my scribbling keyboard calamity, here is how the RC stacks against Q60.

Engines

Infiniti Q60: 3.7L DOHC V6
Lexus RC350: 3.5L DOHC V6

Power

Infiniti Q60: 330 hp @ 7000 RPM, 270 ft-lbs @ 5200 RPM
Lexus RC350: 306 hp @ 6400 RPM, 277 ft-lbs @ 4800 RPM

Gearboxes

Infiniti Q60: 7 speed automatic, 6MT (Q60S)
Lexus RC350: 8 speed automatic

·
Registered
225 Posts
Interior on the Lexus looks better to me but this is a redesigned lexus. Im sure Infiniti has something in store to rival the Lexus nicely

·
Registered
364 Posts
these will both be very comparable models
just like the q50 vs is350 comparison

i think the q60 edges out by having a 6MT

·
Registered
225 Posts
We will have to see the new Q60 because the current one looks ancient compared to the RC350.
We will, but for now this is all we have, still something to compare to the RC.
DO you even know when we can expect to see the new Q60

·
Registered
21 Posts
We will, but for now this is all we have, still something to compare to the RC.
DO you even know when we can expect to see the new Q60
Sure don't. Not sure I want to know either. 5 years of the same basic design is an eternity for a coupe though.

It goes to show how good of a design the original G35 was but man do we need a new Q60 in a bad way.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Now I wonder if the RC is something Infiniti cares about competiting with or if they want to go a different route which still is good

·
Registered
31 Posts
I gotta say, I'm liking those power numbers for the RC350 at lower RPMs.

It's kinda unfair to compare the two on the basis of looks. The Q60 is still based on a design backbone that's easily 6 years old while the RC is using Lexus' brand new design language and updated technology.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Looking at all the latest information on the RCF i really hope that infiniti is also planning to go big with it's q60, although i'm a big infiniti fan i'll admit that lexus did an awesome job with RC

1 - 20 of 40 Posts