Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost gave up when I saw the passenger side connector, I'm well acquainted with car mechanics, but still figure I'd give it a try.

Didnt take that long actually, just had to disassemble the passenger air in take first half so I could move it a bit and have better access to the EWG connector.

Car is a beast now but it's still not 100%. Posted logs on the N54 forums in hope of some help, car is very strong right from the get go but around 4k rpm it loses boost momentarily and regain it, twice, creating a weird jerking movement. Same doesn't happen with a map 0.

Reduced the boost a bit and its feeling better, I'm sure I'll find the seet spot soon. Car does feel lively and puts my AWD and Micheling PS 4S to the test. Loving the responsiveness.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fyi - thru the help of a forum member at N54 I found out the right duty bias settings that fixed the issue at low rpm. Basically lowered it to about 35 at low rpm and slowly ramping it to 55 at higher revs.

Can post the exact numbers if anyone interested but as already said in this forum, the EWG wire made a huge difference in how the car wakes up early. Before the car would have that usual turbo lag, the power delivery would start small and then hit hard. Now with the EWG it's like there's no lag, it just hits you hard at low RPM, loving it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Glad you got it worked out and sharing the information.

I'm a new guy here and still learning. How much power does this mod add?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! The JB4 unit in it self can add a good chunk of HP if you are on a non red sport model, not sure by how much, maybe 80-100hp? On a red sport it can add a bit, my wild guess would be something around 30-40hp. Obviously, it all depends on how aggressive is your setting and how much risk you have appetite for.

If you really dive into it and learn about logging and reading your logs you might be able to mitigate a bit on the risk.

As for the EWG wires, I dont think they add any HP but they seem to increase the power at a lower RPM. Dont think I've seen any dynos showing before / after on this. Then again, it's a fairly new mod and it requires lots of tweaking, logging and forums reads.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome! The JB4 unit in it self can add a good chunk of HP if you are on a non red sport model, not sure by how much, maybe 80-100hp? On a red sport it can add a bit, my wild guess would be something around 30-40hp. Obviously, it all depends on how aggressive is your setting and how much risk you have appetite for.

If you really dive into it and learn about logging and reading your logs you might be able to mitigate a bit on the risk.

As for the EWG wires, I dont think they add any HP but they seem to increase the power at a lower RPM. Dont think I've seen any dynos showing before / after on this. Then again, it's a fairly new mod and it requires lots of tweaking, logging and forums reads.
Do you have fuel wires ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have fuel wires ?
I do (it came with the unit) but I have fat hands and don't have spare posi taps, so right now its not installed :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts