Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 2018 q60 3.0T luxe and I’m running a JB4 on map 6. Is there any benefit to adding full downpipes without tune and just a JB4? What about if the downpipes were catted? Is it worth the cost to upgrade to a FDP and tune for the added HP gains? How much HP is to be gained over just a JB4 and my catback exhaust?
I also have BMS inlets with drop in filters, BMS Heat exchanger in tandem with stock heat exchanger and HKS blow off valves.

· Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
2,003 Posts
If you already have an aftermarket CBE, going for full downpipes (catted or not) vs just lower downpipes depends are what your ultimate power goals are. I started out with FI LDPs & CBE, then added the JB4, and then a year later got Full Catted DPs installed along with an Ecutek tune. I went that far to realize the most gains, where my Q dyno'd at 437 WHP & 502 WTQ on 93 pump gas w/1.3 bar (~19 psi) map.

To realize those same gains with LDPs, you'll need to turn up the boost levels to 21-22 psi, something I wasn't comfortable doing, as higher boost levels can compromise turbo longevity. Therefore, I went with 3" Full Catted DPs, which also provide more low-end torque than running with the stock primary cats + LDPs.

As mentioned, I wouldn't do Full DPs or LDPs with the stock CBE, because the downstream restriction of the OEM CBE will create more heat/backpressure in the turbos, which is not good operating conditions.

Reactions: Stunt_101

· Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
2,003 Posts
I'm currently running FI non-resonated 10" sport CBE setup with stock cats. Would going FULL DP vs LDP cause a lot of drone?
No, not with a resonated CBE. Since you are non-resonated, you could try installing the resonated LDPs, which will get you a majority of the power gains:

PPE Engineering PPE Stainless Steel Lower Downpipes, 2.5" Resonated - Nissan Z / Infiniti Q50, Q60 3.0t VR30DDTT PPE-VR30-01-R 33006-BN001 400Z CZP-20691-19U0A-VR30 CZP-20813-5CA0A CZP-2BLT-250 ppePPE-VR30-03 EXH-HRDW - Concept Z Performance

· Registered
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
22 Posts
Thanks for the link to the PPE. I am thinking of going Full catted DP like the PLM below. Would this cause more drone than the catted LDP?

· Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
2,003 Posts
The Full Catted DPs are fine, but having them (or any other DP for that matter) paired with the non-resonated CBE could be drone-inducing. That's why FI sells the CBE with resonators as an option.

· Registered
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
22 Posts
The Full Catted DPs are fine, but having them (or any other DP for that matter) paired with the non-resonated CBE could be drone-inducing. That's why FI sells the CBE with resonators as an option.
I thought installing catted DP (full or lower) would mitigate the drone issue caused by not having resonators. I might have to add 2 vibrant resonators on the x-pipe if I decide to go the DP route. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts