Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as I watched the youtube video that was posted in another thread I was sold. Seemed like this new product has gotten around most of the quirks the Mark 3 was running into and with a much easier install. My stock unit was already messed up from the previous owner to the point my emergency blinker button would do nothing, so I was due a replacement anyways, so why not upgrade. The install was pretty spot on and simple as described in the video and took me roughly an hour to finish as I was being careful not to overlook anything. So far, I'm pretty impressed. I get all the same functionality with the stock unit but with the addition of an Android tablet which just opens up a world of options. My XM didn't seem to work directly through the unit but with Android I am able to just use the Sirius app, so that's a wash. I'll post an update as I continue to learn and configure the app.

Link to the Youtube video

·
Registered
690 Posts
There's no open bluetooth on it, correct? You can just connect to your phone and car, and that's about it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
PM me the link, I have the gtacarkits module but this looks clean af.

EDIT: Got the link from the install video, someone from the Q50 forums got it cheaper somewhere else, gonna hunt for that link.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's no open bluetooth on it, correct? You can just connect to your phone and car, and that's about it?
You can connect Bluetooth to both the car (original way) as well as the android as they operate independently of each other. You can also mirror your phone to the adnroid as well using an app called easy connection. So far the easier method is to connect Bluetooth to the Android to do calls. Everything else I use Bluetooth for (mainly audio streaming) I can now do via the app itself. Only thing you'll need is the ability to hot spot your phone to give the Android wifi.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

EDIT: Got the link from the install video, someone from the Q50 forums got it cheaper somewhere else, gonna hunt for that link.
I used the coupon code SqaureWheels from the video link and got $50 off which basically took care of shipping. I saw another post where someone bought a similar product for cheaper on like Alibaba but it wasn't the Mark 5 or Mark 3.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used the coupon code SqaureWheels from the video link and got $50 off which basically took care of shipping. I saw another post where someone bought a similar product for cheaper on like Alibaba but it wasn't the Mark 5 or Mark 3.

Here is a link to a cheaper what looks like the same unit. But I'm not sure if there is any risk buying here versus from AUAuto which seems a little more legit site, especially since your dealing with overseas manufacturer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's cool how long did it take to install???
If you follow the instructions on the youtube video and take your time making sure interior pieces are pulled carefully and everything is wired correctly then I'd say no more than 1-hour max start to finish. One thing I overlooked on the install that wasn't mentioned in the video was where to place the GPS antenna. I had put it behind the unit rather than somewhere on the dash exposed to the sky to get the best signal. That basically caused the GPS to not work and I had to take everything out again to get to the antenna to expose correctly catch a signal. The second time around of pulling all the interior pieces was a breeze and gave me another chance to get everything to fit as flush as possible.

As for the unit, I've had it for a little over a week and I love it. I basically didn't lose any functionality from the stock unit and I now have an android tablet interfaced with the car and am able to take advantage of any Google Play store apps. Steering wheel controls, backup cam, and bluetooth all work with no problems. At this point, I have no need to rely on my phone for anything in the car outside of turning on the hotspot for the unit to get wifi. If you have the $$ for it, I think it's well worth the upgrade for the convenience it provides as well as makes the interior much more modern looking for a 2017+ car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This will for sure be an upgrade i will do if I decide to keep my q60. Infinti is asking for the dealer for a some tests before they even give thier opinion. 6k miles on the clock make me wonder if this cars worth keeping.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
One thing I overlooked on the install that wasn't mentioned in the video was where to place the GPS antenna. I had put it behind the unit rather than somewhere on the dash exposed to the sky to get the best signal. That basically caused the GPS to not work and I had to take everything out again to get to the antenna to expose correctly catch a signal. The second time around of pulling all the interior pieces was a breeze and gave me another chance to get everything to fit as flush as possible.
Apparently there is an adapter cable on Ebay to connect the MK5 GPS antenna to the OEM GPS antenna.

Reactions: thejensen

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Apparently there is an adapter cable on Ebay to connect the MK5 GPS antenna to the OEM GPS antenna.
Word. I ended up running the cable through the glove box and around the side to the passenger corner of the dash. Its stealth enough for me to be lazy and not take out the interior trim for a 3rd time...Let's see how long that lasts before the itch comes, lol.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
So the YTuber couldn't answer this question - does the MK5 have an icon for the steering wheel heater? (not that I use it much, if at all) Just curious if its functionality was sacrificed during the MK5 development.

I'm sure our neighbors to the north would care more.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
So the YTuber couldn't answer this question - does the MK5 have an icon for the steering wheel heater? (not that I use it much, if at all) Just curious if its functionality was sacrificed during the MK5 development.

I'm sure our neighbors to the north would care more.
There is an app already installed called InTouch which you access in the top menu. Basically, it mimics our whole OEM experience with the same menu options except with the hard buttons now soft buttons. I haven't come across any lost features so far. I did see some comments around the camera button/360 camera not working but haven't had a chance to check to see if that's the case with mine.

EDIT: Checked on my ride this morning and camera button works with no issue on my end.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just installed mine this weekend (LOVE IT) -- followed the video to a T -- took about 4 hours .. including some minor cable rerouting ... well worth it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts