Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best 400 dollars ever spent. I feel like I’m in a new car. You instantly feel the power difference.

Not just the power, but my Infiniti sport exhaust sounds much meaner and louder . I can hear the turbo spool up. All this without an intake so imagine if I had one.

Only con is my mpg is probably gonna decline for s little while lol

I have a sport model btw not the red sport.

Running 3psi

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you explain "power difference"? Is it better throttle response?
Better throttle response and you just feel the pull more. I have the 300hp sport model so adding the jb4 gives me more gains than a red sport.

Not sure about red sports, But definitely a good buy for non red sport models. 30hp and 50lbs torque at 3psi

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a RS, is it even worth getting one of these for us? Or is this something only for the guys that didn't want to ball out on the Red Sport :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a RS, is it even worth getting one of these for us? Or is this something only for the guys that didn't want to ball out on the Red Sport :)
It’s 30-50hp for red sport

60-100hp for non red sport

You gain a ton of torque. lol

Depending on fuel

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a Red Sport and it's worth it! You notice a difference right away. Thanks to testrage for pointing me at this product when I was asking about CBE and DP's. The only thing killing me right now is waiting for my FI CBE and lower DP coming in mid April from FI's.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds very tempting and price is reasonable. Anyone has any thoughts on potential impact on engine/turbo longevity and warranty?

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
Sounds very tempting and price is reasonable. Anyone has any thoughts on potential impact on engine/turbo longevity and warranty?
Anytime you increase output you put more stress on parts.

Reactions: testrage

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’ve had the JB (+4 PSI)now for the last 9 months and I can definitly say it’s a worthwhile mod, that is inexpensive, delivers decent power, and easy as he11 to install.

This past weekend I made a trip to the dealership for a bit of work and removed the JB, and wow my car(RS) felt like a slug. Needless to say, as soon as I got home, I threw that mofo right back on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a Red Sport and it's worth it! You notice a difference right away. Thanks to testrage for pointing me at this product when I was asking about CBE and DP's. The only thing killing me right now is waiting for my FI CBE and lower DP coming in mid April from FI's.
You will not be disappointed with the FI CBE and DP's. Completely transformed the sound and attitude of my RS. I'm thinking the JB4 may be my next and final mods for a little while.

Reactions: justAfan

·
Registered
234 Posts

I know it will instantly void your warranty on the engine if you are caught. There's been a lot of subjective debate on here regarding if the dealer can find it or not so I've been holding off.

You're forcing more air pressure from your turbo on a stock engine so yea it definitely isn't going to be good for it necessarily

·
Registered
145 Posts
You will love the JB1 or JB4. I have mine at a basic 3psi bump and enjoy having a nice big bump in torque down low. The extra PSI isn't so much that it's going to burn up the turbos as you're not living in the 6k-7k rpm range.

Sure, if you have a catastrophic failure related to abuse the dealer is likely going to investigate and see stored data in the ECU that the car was running extra boost. Haven't heard of that happening here though. Unlike the world of German cars that I came from, I don't see the Japanese scanning the ECU's of cars upon every visit like Audi does. Just physically remove it before bringing it in for service.

Honestly, I don't plan on visiting the dealer outside warranty needs so mine won't likely come off. Even on my last visit, I simply left it on as it was in for a minor exhaust fix and no one even popped the hood.

Reactions: QTQ60

·
Registered
24 Posts
You will love the JB1 or JB4. I have mine at a basic 3psi bump and enjoy having a nice big bump in torque down low. The extra PSI isn't so much that it's going to burn up the turbos as you're not living in the 6k-7k rpm range.

Sure, if you have a catastrophic failure related to abuse the dealer is likely going to investigate and see stored data in the ECU that the car was running extra boost. Haven't heard of that happening here though. Unlike the world of German cars that I came from, I don't see the Japanese scanning the ECU's of cars upon every visit like Audi does. Just physically remove it before bringing it in for service.

Honestly, I don't plan on visiting the dealer outside warranty needs so mine won't likely come off. Even on my last visit, I simply left it on as it was in for a minor exhaust fix and no one even popped the hood.
Audi scans ECU of every car just to look for reasons to deny warranty? LMAO!:D

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have full exhaust and full downpipes (but with one 3" cat in them each) and the JB4, and i can def say my car much more powerful (when compared to stock). Someone with similar mods was running a 3.98 0-60 using a v-box.

and the torque is insane.

I guess it would have an speed up wear and tear...but i don't drive like a crazy person often, and I think if the added boost takes 100k off the life of the engine...to be honest other things will go first (and it's unlikely i'll have the car at that point)

1 - 20 of 127 Posts