Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

121 - 123 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Got my Fuel Wire Kit installed. Also simultaneously installed Z1/HKS BOV kit. Everything appears to be working as intended. Did a couple pulls today and the AFR hovers right ~12.5 @ WOT. BOV's appear to be functioning properly and the car does not seem to have any hesitation or anything that I've noticed. AND, it isn't throwing any codes (so far). I'm considering this a win.

I was looking at the new Meth Kit that BMS is planning on releasing in a month or so. It looks like the Meth Kit will insert into the intake at the exact same place that I just installed the BOV's. I wonder if it would be possible to insert it between the intercooler and throttle body instead of between the turbo and intercooler. I hope I didn't just take myself out of the running for the Meth kit by installing the BOV's.

Glad to hear the BOVs solved the hesitation problem. I would say definitely install your meth kit between the intercooler and (just before) the throttle body. This is ideal for a couple of reasons:

1) The consensus seems to be that the "ideal" location for meth injection is either right before or at the throttle body

2) Preferably you don't want the injection before the intercooler because you want as high amount of "delta T" as possible for the intercooler to do its job most efficiently.

Here's a post I found on this. Having worked on large (wall sized) heat exchangers ("intercoolers") in commercial buildings, this principle is well established.

In this scenario between injection placement and BOV placement I'd definitely DEFER to the injection, as its placement is more critical.

Besides, I'm still not fully convinced that the BOV placement is optimal. It seems to be more of a design consideration given to figuring out where to "cram" them into our ridiculously tight engine compartment.

There's more "optionality" however with the BOV placement. I'm mulling around the idea of completely relocating the BOVs (actually I'm going to most likely run the Synapse air diverters with recirc) "Kompact with plumb back"'

In an ideal situation it would be desirable to mount the BOVs BEFORE the MAF sensor so that the TRUE and accurate MAF is metered.
But there's that tight engine compartment issue again.

Thinking about getting creative with the plumbing here, when I get my mods going as I am trying to get everything as optimal as I possibly can here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
i noticed your "chrome delete" option .. i too am not so fond of the chrome -- did you choose black? I've a blue q60 same year and have been photoshopping the chrome out to see what color might look best .. anyone else weigh in here too ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone is interested, I am selling my JB4 to get a custom tune only been on the car for a week. Let me know im giving a great deal if anyone wants one.
I know the is pretty old, but if you are still looking to sell this I would be interested in buying it. I just registered, so can't send a PM (but I think I can receive them).

121 - 123 of 123 Posts