Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Lack of Power (SOLVED)

43K views 52 replies 12 participants last post by  Oscar 
#1 ·
19 R.S awd 13,000km

Hello everyone, been having some issues with my car and the dealer has yet to acknowledge something is wrong. I'm hoping someone on here maybe an experience tech or owner can advise me.

Problem happens only between certain rpm but it can also happen during the entire rpm range. let me explain

When driving normally around 1800 rpm, I normally get enough torque and only have to press on the accelerator very little to get moving...if I do get on the throttle maybe 50 % the car takes off..and I can hit hi way speed without a problem.

Scenario 1 the issue I'm having is that sometimes this isn't the case. From the start the car feels as though if its in limp mode very little torque can be felt when I do step on the gas. The transmission downshifts but the rpm remains at 2000rpm and slowly creeps up to 3500 rpm and then it takes off ...however it still feels as thought the power is reduced. this happens at any speed 0-100km. same 50% throttle applied.

Scenario 2 when the above happens and I take it on the hi way and floor the throttle 100%, the transmission downshifts but very little speed is gained ...it seems as though it wants to go but its limited. the engine revs up but little power is felt.100-160km

I've done 0-60 when the car runs fine and when this issues occurs and there's a 2-3 seconds more to 60 when the issue occurs.

The issue can be felt more when I switch modes to sport or sport plus.

ive done these test with traction control on and off different sport modes none seems to help with the problem. traction control doesn't come on and most times its a straight road. temps are pretty cold now in December.

Things to consider.

If I let the car sit overnight the issues goes away and the car runs fine. I thought maybe its heat soak so I used the blue driver reader and monitored live data from the car to see if this was actually the case, which isn't, coolant temperature were 90 degrees celcius and intake were in their 20's.

The issue happen 90% when the fuel tank is around 1/4 tank. the low fuel lights is not on when the issue happens.
As of recently the issue started happening even when the tank is 100 full.

the weird thing that I noticed was if I reverse the car on my driveway (rear of car incline) the issues happens more often regardless of tank level when compared to parking nose first (rear of car declined)

ive read that another q60 had their fuel pump replaced due to it failing prematurely. ive also read that the hp fuel pumps kicks in early in the rpm 1500-3000 rpm which would cause all of the issues I'm having. hoping to get a solution to this. thanks

ps no engine light or codes

See less See more
#50 ·
19 R.S awd 13,000km Hello everyone, been having some issues with my car and the dealer has yet to acknowledge something is wrong. I'm hoping someone on here maybe an experience tech or owner can advise me. Problem happens only between certain rpm but it can also happen during the entire rpm range. let me explain When driving normally around 1800 rpm, I normally get enough torque and only have to press on the accelerator very little to get moving...if I do get on the throttle maybe 50 % the car takes off..and I can hit hi way speed without a problem. Scenario 1 the issue I'm having is that sometimes this isn't the case. From the start the car feels as though if its in limp mode very little torque can be felt when I do step on the gas. The transmission downshifts but the rpm remains at 2000rpm and slowly creeps up to 3500 rpm and then it takes off ...however it still feels as thought the power is reduced. this happens at any speed 0-100km. same 50% throttle applied. Scenario 2 when the above happens and I take it on the hi way and floor the throttle 100%, the transmission downshifts but very little speed is gained ...it seems as though it wants to go but its limited. the engine revs up but little power is felt.100-160km I've done 0-60 when the car runs fine and when this issues occurs and there's a 2-3 seconds more to 60 when the issue occurs. The issue can be felt more when I switch modes to sport or sport plus. ive done these test with traction control on and off different sport modes none seems to help with the problem. traction control doesn't come on and most times its a straight road. temps are pretty cold now in December. Things to consider. If I let the car sit overnight the issues goes away and the car runs fine. I thought maybe its heat soak so I used the blue driver reader and monitored live data from the car to see if this was actually the case, which isn't, coolant temperature were 90 degrees celcius and intake were in their 20's. The issue happen 90% when the fuel tank is around 1/4 tank. the low fuel lights is not on when the issue happens. As of recently the issue started happening even when the tank is 100 full. the weird thing that I noticed was if I reverse the car on my driveway (rear of car incline) the issues happens more often regardless of tank level when compared to parking nose first (rear of car declined) ive read that another q60 had their fuel pump replaced due to it failing prematurely. ive also read that the hp fuel pumps kicks in early in the rpm 1500-3000 rpm which would cause all of the issues I'm having. hoping to get a solution to this. thanks ps no engine light or codes
Hello trevis, am facing exactly the same problem, how did you solve it? Please help thanks

#51 ·
Just an update! To whoever was following this thread...The issue appears to be with the tuning with the Ecu.

After the ecu was re-flashed the issue has yet to present itself...its been over two weeks now and regardless or driving habits you step on the gas and it behaves normally.

although the flashing was done by a tuning company the same should be with the dealer using the most updated software.

Hello trevis, am facing exactly the same problem, how did you solve it? Please help thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.