Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am singularly unimpressed with the Lane Departure Prevention on my new 2017 Q60 RS400 AWD. It doesn't seem to be much different that the similar function on my 2014 QX60, and quite frankly is actually LESS sensitive to lane markers than the older QX60. I would have thought with all the talk about "self-driving cars" that Infiniti would have improved the system and merged the LDP with the "drive by wire" Direct Adaptive Steering. Somehow simply automatically applying the opposite side brakes seems like a less than technologically advanced way of correcting the possible lane wandering problem. The driver's manual lists so many situations where the LDP system might not work, that it seems to be almost completely useless. My daughter's 2013 Honda Accord has no problem alarming when getting close to any painted lane marker (almost annoyingly so).

Also, personally, I would like to see a optional Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) initiation on start up and an explanation of "High/Low" LDP settings which don't seem to do much. I don't see why you would not want to have an LDP "ON" at start up at least as an option.

·
Registered
312 Posts
At first I was extremely disappointed, but then realized the sensitivity was set to Low, which didn't seem to do much at all. When I changed it to High, it was a big difference. If I'm going down a highway (above 45mph) I can easily just let go of the steering wheel and let it keep me between the lines when on High. Though I did think it would be better around turns, I'm actually quite impressed with it overall considering it is not a self driving car.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I tried the "High" setting at highway speeds, and I didn't notice a big change. I'll try it again. Maybe it needs some dealer adjustment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts