Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any know part number of the Larger Oil Filter?

Both the Nissan one and Aftermarket part numbers ,like the Mobil 1 Filter.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Reactions: needles

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the oversized filter and did Oil change today. I notice that the larger Filter just touches a hose that is next to the filter. The hose does have some heat protection on it, but I'm thinking that why Infiniti puts a smaller filter on. I should have taken pics, but didn't have my phone on me. I did put zip tie the hose to another hose, not tight , but just to move away from filter.
Does anyone else ever notice this?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Jim Coleman Infiniti in Silver Spring MD refused to put on the larger oil filter, said it was not standard and acceptable...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Got the oversized filter and did Oil change today. I notice that the larger Filter just touches a hose that is next to the filter. The hose does have some heat protection on it.

Does anyone else ever notice this?
On my '17 AWD, where the filter faces forward, the larger filter fits with no issues.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Jim Coleman Infiniti in Silver Spring MD refused to put on the larger oil filter, said it was not standard and acceptable...

As advertised on the Z1 Motorsports site.

Too bad you SA has to be such a tool...

Reactions: Omenx

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I run the Mobil One GTR filter on Mine. Been doing that since my first oil change at 500 miles. No Issues. Takes a tad bit more oil but thats it.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I run the Mobil One GTR filter on Mine. Been doing that since my first oil change at 500 miles. No Issues. Takes a tad bit more oil but thats it.
On the subject of oil capacity, for mid-year 2019, Infiniti changed to a longer dipstick, which allows another 1/2 qt of capacity in the VR30 engine. Many pre- mid-year Q50/Q60 VR30 owners have ordered the Rev B dipstick. Note: The Rev A dipstick for the 2017 to mid-year 2019 has been discontinued in the parts system.

Reactions: donguason

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts