Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you fellow Q60 drivers using to maintain and clean your leather. I have the gallery white interior was hoping for some recommendations.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,641 Posts
I thought the Q60s with white leather came with a cleaning/conditioning kit. This is what I use.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I use Pinnacle Leather Cleaning products. Super high quality stuff. I've also heard that Surf City Garage makes great cleaners.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Griots Garage Leather 3-IN-1 Spray, so far, on my gallery white. It cleans, shines and conditions. Plus it smells like a good leather shop. I've used it twice to wipe away errant spots I somehow get on the door leather and it's cleaned them very well. I also ran some over the entire leather interior as it protects too.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Went to order some and saw this review by an Infiniti owner. Have you guys noticed a difference in texture after its use ?

Amazon
1.0 out of 5 stars -- This product left a shine and greasy feel all over ...
By michael knighton April 11, 2018
Size: Single
|
Verified Purchase
This product left a shine and greasy feel all over my seats. I have an Infiniti with soft no sheen leather and this product has ruined them. This might work for cheap fake leather that already has a shine but if you have a car with something other than plastic seat do not use.
https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G10...r&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,641 Posts
Went to order some and saw this review by an Infiniti owner. Have you guys noticed a difference in texture after its use ?

Amazon
|
Verified Purchase
This product left a shine and greasy feel all over my seats. I have an Infiniti with soft no sheen leather and this product has ruined them. This might work for cheap fake leather that already has a shine but if you have a car with something other than plastic seat do not use.
https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G10...r&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar
1. I didn't buy from Amazon. Maybe some of those reviews are due to buying some knockoff product from China.
2. Works fine on my red leather and steering wheel.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,641 Posts
What about this?
CLEANER KIT-LEATHER
Infiniti Part Number: 984925DA0B

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Griots Garage Leather 3-IN-1 Spray, so far, on my gallery white. It cleans, shines and conditions. Plus it smells like a good leather shop. I've used it twice to wipe away errant spots I somehow get on the door leather and it's cleaned them very well. I also ran some over the entire leather interior as it protects too.

What are you using for the console and the carbon fiber? @DRen72

·
Registered
359 Posts

Amazon
|
Verified Purchase
It seems like this is probably an issue with darker leather. I have the black leather, and noticed the same problem. I bought the wipes from Target, so I'm pretty sure they aren't Chinese knockoffs. Note though: the leather is not ruined, like that reviewer claims. I was able to get my leather back to its soft matte finish just by going over it with a microfiber cloth.

·
Registered
2019 RS 400 Iridium Blue/Red Interior
11 Posts
Leather care

Chamberlains Leather cleaner. They have several types of cleaners, conditioners and waterproofing. IMO simply the best.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just use water with damp cloths as much as you can.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Griots Interior Detailer is what the Infiniti dealership have in they're showcase, and that's what I used on my BMW (cream interior)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've used Adam's Polishes, specifically their Leather cleaner. Have been using it on my leather for about 5 years. I highly recommend all their detail products.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Echoing the feedback on Sonax. I've used their leather foam for everything from actual leather to whatever it is we have which shouldn't be cared for as leather. I've tried a ton of products and that leather foam is the only thing I've used that actually cleans and conditions without leaving a sheen (residue plus oils collected over time). It doesn't include any scent enhancers and after 3k miles, my 18 RS smelled like a plastic lab which was expected so I rotate a few $30 whole tanned sheep skins that I throw in back as giant air fresheners. Every time I hop in it smells like an Audi yet I get the indestructibility of the other-worldly miracle fabric we have.

https://www.amazon.com/Sonax-289300-755-Leather-Foam-13-02/dp/B003USYN6Q

plus

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LI2GIO6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

FTMFW!

Reactions: testrage

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do not buy those wipes above, I use them on the black leather on my q60 and they leave grease and almost wet. Even wiping after.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts