Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
So I bought some Lexol cleaner and conditioner and was disappointed in the cleaner.

I can see where the leather is dirty and the cleaner didnt do much to clean the dirt.

I might have to turn to the old skool leather cleaning to get it clean.

Original GoJo hand cleaner works great at getting older leather clean again. With the lanolin, hardened leather will become pliable again.
For newer soiled leather that wont come clean, this does a great job.

Use a detail brush and work it one section at a time, wipe with damp cloth.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I can see where the leather is dirty and the cleaner didnt do much to clean the dirt.
To clean stubborn dirt off leather, I suggest a using Mr Clean Eraser. It works great without damaging the leather grain. I use it to clean off the blue denim staining from dark-dyed jeans that transfers onto the light gray leather bolsters in my Audi Allroad.

As for cleaners, I use Chamberlain's Leather Milk products:

https://leathermilk.com/

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ok. Just got my Q from the auto body shop with a brand new Stone white leather driver's seat (upholstery). Had to be replaced due to extensive damage from the air bags deploying. At least that's what the body shop told me.

Like a lot of Q owners, especially with the lighter colors, my driver's side seat was worn, discolored (blue Jean transfer), ripped and torn at some of the seams.

Been on the forums and the web for the last hour. I've used and looked at everything from Meguiars, Mother's milk, Saddle soap with a small horse hair brush, Griots (Infiniti kit), etc.

What I'm going with this time around is this:

Chemical Guys leather cleaner and conditioner

With a six month to annual protection coat of the GYEON "leather shield" sealer/protector

For stubborn stains, excessive dirt I'm gonna use the magic eraser, as last time I noticed that the Leather grain was damaged. I also ordered a large, long bristle horse hair cleaning brush.

For the rest of the interior I will use the Griots kit I got recommended by the dealer when I first had the car inspected.

Hopefully this time around I'll have less damage/wear/discoloration?

We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Keep us updated on how it goes. Ive always been a Sonax foam cleaner / conditioner guy. It cleans the leather well, and leaves it with a matte dry feeling, like brand new leather, Never shiny, never slippery. Ive cleaned up some gross Mercedes white Napa leather interiors with it. So far I think its doing a nice job with just a horsehair brush and clean microfiber. I saw the chemical guys products at Walmart and read about them, but what some reviewers wrote about them, made me shy away. I'd like to hear your thoughts going forward.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts