175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: testrage

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Impressive numbers:

2018 Lexus LS and LS500 Photos and Info ? News ? Car and Driver

To debut in the all-new Lexus LS500. If it makes down to the IS/RC, I would expect for the new engine to outperform the Q50/Q60 VR30.
Yeah, I saw this and was like...seriously Lexus. You wait until now. I'm wondering when they would announce it coming to the IS & RC. The only reason the RC lost against the Q60 for me was that it had less power than my min requirement (350hp) and didn't have the lane keep assist. Looks like only a matter a time now and Lexus does have better resale, reliability, and customer service. The Q60 has the better styling imo but that's subjective as I really like the predator grille on the RC (but not the separated headlight/DRL).

·
Registered
591 Posts
The new LS500 is beautiful on the inside too, but is that the production model or prototype? 415 horsepower and 442 lb-ft of torque is a bit more power than the Q60 Red Sport, but it'll probably cost a lot more too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Will probably be awhile before it makes its way down the IS/RC line, and even then will probably be more $$$ than the infiniti. Nice numbers though. And its about time lol

·
Registered
447 Posts
the rumor is their going to use the 3.5l v6 twin turbo for the next gen IS F/RC F variants.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t
112 Posts
Yeah, I saw this and was like...seriously Lexus. You wait until now. I'm wondering when they would announce it coming to the IS & RC. The only reason the RC lost against the Q60 for me was that it had less power than my min requirement (350hp) and didn't have the lane keep assist. Looks like only a matter a time now and Lexus does have better resale, reliability, and customer service. The Q60 has the better styling imo but that's subjective as I really like the predator grille on the RC (but not the separated headlight/DRL).
I did have a ‘16 RC350 f-sport awd before I jumped to my ‘17 Q60 awd. Funny enough, Lexus has a better traction in wet condition in my honest opinion. Lexus drives more boring but styling wise I think both got their own strength and look good in their own skin. Perfomance is non matched. Stock to stock 3.0t would blow RC350 out of water, despite 3.0t technically has less HP on the sheet. Reliability wise I’d say Lexus has an advantage. I’ve never had an issue except warranty turbo replacement on my Q but I feel like Lexus would get you to 200k miles while I feel like my Q would struggle to be trouble free past 100k if I ever keep that long

Reactions: testrage
1 - 7 of 7 Posts