Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was a little perplexed that Infiniti decided to exclude LSD as an option on the Red Sport. But I get it- gotta save room for an IPL model upgrade... With that said, Nissan/ Infniti has always used the R200 rear end configuration- that is for the past 20 years or so. Prior to that they used an R190 rear end configuration. What's interesting is that the R190 configuration is in the Q50/ Q60.
For the R200 rear end, enthusiasts who had cars without the LSD often purchased the Quaife LSD and installed it in their open differential with great results.
Since Infiniti has gone to the R190 rear end, the Quaife will not work. However stumbled across this option that looks interesting.
Datsun R190 Limited Slip Diff Conversion Kit
It would be interesting to know if that will be able to handle the torque of the Q60.

·
Registered
500 Posts
This is not based on anything factual but the way I see if it you were to stick within some reasonable range of street power there shouldn't be a problem and its not often you see someone shooting well above the range of power Infiniti's roll off the line with.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Limited Slip Differential would be handy in snowy situations, but it's not really needed when you're driving as usual. Best to just contact Traction Concepts to see if their conversion kit would work with the Q60.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I contacted Traction Concepts but have yet to hear back.

LSD does come in handy in snowy conditions. its also handy in wet conditions. Tight turns with 400 HP and half or greater throttle benefits greatly from LSD. The Q60/ Q50 have active trace control which uses the brakes as a substitute. In my G37 which is equipped with LSD, I can tell the difference when I get in a car without it and drive it spiritedly. While ATC does a good job, its overpowered by the enormous amount of torque going to the rear wheels.The LSD minimizes inside wheel spin more predictably and with consistency than ATC.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Revisiting an old topic...

I recently sent an inquiry to this shop (Cusco) in Huntington Beach regarding an LSD for the Q50/Q60 Platform.

HOME - Cusco LSD

Hopefully I get a response...

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is not based on anything factual but the way I see if it you were to stick within some reasonable range of street power there shouldn't be a problem and its not often you see someone shooting well above the range of power Infiniti's roll off the line with.
^^ this for RWD. On AWD it really doesn't matter. As a track Junkie as much as I love my Red Sport, I won't probably be bringing her to Mid Ohio only because it's a lease and I'm not going to put the necessary upgrades into the braking system to make the trip worth it. Otherwise, 99% of the population won't ever need more than the eLSD's these cars have. I had an eLSD on a previous AMG63 too. Worked perfectly fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
BUMP....

https://www.z1motorsports.com/trans...imited-slip-differential-package-p-13283.html

https://www.z1motorsports.com/trans...90-limited-slip-differential-lsd-p-13279.html

Also it should be mentioned, these cars do NOT have an E-LSD. They have no form of LSD whatsoever. What they do have is VDC (vehicle dynamic control) which brakes the faster spinning wheel, this helps regain traction in a sticky situation, but it is not an LSD in any way. Braking a wheel to balance traction is counter productive and wears the brakes faster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts