Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for about one day my Q60 had a pretty bad oil leak that came out of nowhere. I always do my own oil changes but was pressed for time, so I took it into a respected mechanic in my area. He tells me that the oil filter was punctured(I have no idea how) and proceeds to replace my oil and cleans up the spillage. Literally as soon as I pull out of the lot I get a CEL and my Q60 goes into limp mode.

I pull over, use my JB4 app to scan the codes. The prevailing codes have been a P0300 & P0200 signifying a misfire and fuel injector circuit malfunction. I tried clearing the codes, and restarting the car, yet it still is in limp mode with a rough idle. I highly doubt that the mechanic could have done something to trigger this CEL, yet my car was performing stellar before I dropped it off.

I bought the car used at 25,000 and I've put on about 8,000 miles since. I drive like a Hoonigan but definitely make sure to take care of my car, I even replace my oil every 3,000 miles.

I'll be dropping the car off at the Infiniti Dealership in Monrovia tomorrow morning. I just pray that they honor my warranty regardless of my mods. Might I mention that two weeks ago I was a victim of my AC belt, Idler Pulley, and Water Pump all exploding while I was driving. Infiniti covered that in my warranty just fine regardless of my mods(see list in my signature).
Ever since it's been fixed, my car has been performing phenomenally, so I doubt there are any residual issues from that.

I definitely plan on unplugging the JB4 this time around though just in case they don't want to be "cool" this time around.

I treat this car like a queen, and it's **** near brand new. I've never even touched the fuel injectors or anything of that sort. Has anyone else experienced these problems?

Wish me luck guys

·
Super Moderator
2,052 Posts
Welcome to the forum although it sucks that it's under such circumstances.

I absolutely hate being the one that is suggesting it but I almost wonder if the dealership didn't mess something up when they did the work due to the belt issue. Either that or something broke as a result of the belt failure and it was not caught when the dealership fixed everything (maybe the wiring harness got damaged and it wasn't caught???). I have a hard time believing an oil change could have messed things up.

Anyways, keep us updated as you learn more and post up pics when you get the chance.

·
Super Moderator
2,748 Posts
Welcome

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I've gotten the P0200 code before but never P0300. Actually I just got P0200 and P0100 yesterday on the way home but after clearing with the JB4 and restarting they didn't come back. Idle was fine and I didn't go into limp mode (although I have before with NO codes thrown when going 35 up a **** hill). Vicki does that from time to time, just bitches about her MAF or cries about an injector for NO real reason, and it seem to just be a computer glitch in the ECM. The reason I say that is I've checked and cleaned the MAF sensor after getting P0100 and I've NEVER touched an injector in her before. Plus the code meanings are, of course, deceptively vague. P0200 means the ECM detected sub-par performance in an injector's circuit for any number of reason, and P0100 means either an over or under current to the MAF sensor was detected. Sorry rant over...

In your case man it does sound like these codes popped for a legitimate reason. The only thing I can think of is whatever managed to puncture your oil filter might have had the force to puncture/cut/break something else? P0300 also indicates possible multi misfires, which can be due to an intake leak somewhere. I'd take it in to your dealer tho and not waste your time guessing like I do most of the time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all the warm welcome guys.
I'm happy to report that the Q is back up and running. Turns out it was just a connector problem. Dealer unplugged and plugged everything back in and now the car is running fine. Drove off the lot, plugged back in the JB4 and the car is running just like how it should be. All free of charge too.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts