Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matte red accents/trim would definitely be a bold move but could look really good. I'm real interested to see pictures of that when you're done!
I guess Prestige got me thinking over the weekend and I thought I'd start a new thread for the plans with my Liquid Platinum RS w/the red leather interior.

That said, the first project starts this week with matte red vinyl wrap and de-badging.

I am certainly not a gimp expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I did throw together a quick and dirty front end mock-up this morning.. I like what I am seeing - especially with the red interior. Granted, I could have chosen a better photo (I do not have any of mine yet at the angles I wanted for this one) and I wish I could convert a chrome to a matte finish, but this is what I had in my mind's eye when I decided to wrap. Additionally, I will be wrapping the door handles, the rear diffuser, and the window trim.

I am very interested in any/all thoughts.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Nope

Reactions: Coahman

·
Registered
159 Posts
To each their own, but I'm a no on this one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To each their own, but I'm a no on this one.
I certainly expected this to be polarizing. There is too much chrome for my taste but at the same time I didn't want to black it out as that is common and I wanted to be a little different. Now, whether that is a unique different or a helmet and water-wings different remains to be seen. :)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Now, if you can get red vinyl wrap that looks like leather, you may have something. :laugh:

Reactions: TenthBit

·
Registered
298 Posts
Not a fan.

My 2015 370z Nismo had red accents and I loved it but the front end on the Q just ins't meant for it.

If you were to add a lip and a red pinstripe on it, that would look good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a fan.
Yeah - it certainly seems like my plan is not well received among the group here. Fortunately vinyl is easily removed if I install it and decide I hate it. I need to see it on the car itself before I make my final decision. :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
If it was just the lower lip piece, I would be all good with it ..... I think? But I'm not too sure about everything else. But hey, experimenting and doing it is the only way to find out if YOU like it. So go for it!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Maybe it'll work if it was a deeper red? That just looks oddly pink and doesn't really match the Q60's red leather interior.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe it'll work if it was a deeper red? That just looks oddly pink and doesn't really match the Q60's red leather interior.
Yes - I was just messing around in Gimp to see what I could come up with. Unfortunately, the vinyl arrived and was too bright. I have returned it and opted for something a bit more on the garnet side. Hoping for that to arrive next week.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Been awhile since I've posted - sometimes real life gets in the way. That said, I ran with the red/burgundy accents for awhile and I think it was a bit too contrasting for my taste. I know my choices were definitely polarizing in the forums! :)

I made a different style choice over the last couple of weeks and, in line with some of the comments, went with something a bit more subdued. I am curious on the feedback this time around. :)

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts